2

"Ahh, Your place is so nice...I love the fashion here..."

"Alfred, That is because of Arthur..."

"Oh, Right...Please don't remind me...It makes everything all the better! Hehehehehe" he laughed like a little girl.

"Huh?"

I looked at them, confused, as I continued to drink my wine. We met at a pub, and many people were dancing. I recognized the song. It was also from a British group called 'The Monkeys.'

"Yeah!...Uh...I have a surprise for the two of you! Don't make me get so distracted!" Alfred whined. We had barely met with each other, yet he was annoying me already. Well...not really, anyway.

Alfred looked funny...like those hippies, I would see pictures of. I need to take photos of him so we can laugh about this one day. Matthew had grown his hair long and had this colorful bandana on; he also looked like a hippie. Me? Well...I could not describe what I looked like. I constantly wore Bell Bottoms; I always wore my button-up shirts tucked in. Rather, they were slightly unbuttoned, but I wasn't completely showing my chest.

"A surprise? We have only been here for a day; how did you have the time?" Matthew asked. He looked at Alfred, shocked, but Alfred only kept this smirk across his face. I lifted an eyebrow at him, and he crossed his arms as if he were satisfied with himself. "I have my ways of making time for these things. Besides, it took much begging and my goal was accomplished!"

"Eh? Begging? What are you talking about?"

"Francis, you know how you've been in such a bad mood for the past few years, and it's because you haven't seen Arthur?"

"Huh? Alfred, don't say things like that! I could care less about an idiot like him!"

"Yeah...okay...as I was saying. YOU miss HIM; it's obvious. So, naturally, I needed to get you to snap out of it!" He cheered.  I rolled my eyes at what he was saying, beginning to look around. The music was loud, and the lights were dim, so hardly anyone could see how annoyed I was.

"Alfred? Don't tell me you invited him here..."

"Mattie, calm down; it isn't a big deal; he might not even show up! No one had seen him in years, and he barely wanted to answer my phone calls. He probably thought I was trying to pull him into another war, but I wasn't!" Alfred tried to defend himself. I glared at Alfred as he began to hold Matthew. "Alfred, he is not going to show up," I spoke. Alfred looked at me, a bit sad, but I ignored him by shaking my head.

They both looked sad, and Alfred looked up at me. "Whoa...you might want to rethink that statement," he laughed, horrified. I lifted my brow, and he pointed behind me. Matthew looked in the same direction, and he was in shock. Both of them looked shocked.

I had finally turned my head, and I nearly fainted seeing him,

"Alfred...did you know?"

"No...."

My eyes widened seeing...him? This surely wasn't the same person I had fought against for hundreds of years. This couldn't be the same child that clung to me, begging to stay with me. This wasn't Arthur or England; he was a different breed, a different species.

He... his...

Well—his hair was shaved on the sides, leaving the rest in long spikes. He wore nothing but black leather with chains, dark makeup, and piercings, and I was scared. He looked like those 'punk rockers' I had seen pictures of.

"Is it too late for me to leave?" I asked.

"What? No! Talk to him!"

"Don't make me, please..."

Arthur finally looked in our direction and began walking toward us. Oh no! He looks pissed!

"Oi! What you wankers been up to!? I can sense the stupidity all the way out the door," he suddenly spoke. My jaw dropped hearing him speak. This wasn't how I pictured us meeting again; none of this had crossed my mind.

However, he managed to keep being a dickhead. Arthur completely ignored me and went straight for Alfred and Matthew. "Oi! Two you lots grown a bit, eh?" He smiled. He began to pat their backs aggressively, and the boys sat in shock. I'm sure they weren't expecting this, either.

"Yeah, you too?"

"Just the two of you?"

I began to glare at Arthur; I could tell he was avoiding me. "Don't ignore me! I am right here!" I shouted. He jumped a bit as if surprised. The boys watched in horror as he began to glare at me, but I glared back.

"Oi, someone let a little turd in, eh?"

"I hate you so much!"

"Eh? Me? Possibly. Oi, Can you bum a fag?"

I stiffened at what he said, and the boys turned red. Nope! I can't do this! I was wrong, completely. I guess all my feelings were gone. Who knew this was all it took? I began to stand up, and he looked at me with a smirk. "Eh? I thought all the frogs across the Dover loved the good ol nic!"

I began gathering my things, and the boys looked at me, shocked. "Where are you going?!" Alfred called. However, I was doing my best not to slap the smirk off Arthur's stupid face. "I am getting away from him! That is not Arthur; that is someone else pretending to be him!"

"Eh? Fuck off, mate! You seem cheesed off; I'm only teasing," he laughed. He suddenly grabbed my wrist, pulling me back. "I will talk PROPER if you idiots prefer, don't go spare!" He spoke, somehow still using the slang. He put an arm around me, pulling me close.

"Ah, I didn't miss you for one second. Can you believe that all of this is because of me? Are you jealous, Francis? Admit it! You are!" He teased. I felt my face get hot in anger as I pulled away. "Unlikely, You happened to get lucky," I spoke.

"Well, care to explain why you ghosted everyone?" Alfred asked. Arthur pursed his lips, leaning back against his chair. "Isn't it obvious? I've been caring for myself; I didn't think it was a big deal. Everyone here seems lively and groovy; I don't care as long as my people are happy. I happened to be happy along the way. When you called, I figured it was a better time than ever to emerge. I figured this idiot would be here too, so killing two birds with one stone," he smiled.

I guess he was trying to find a way to emerge, and Alfred had perfect timing. Still, he seems even more full of himself now. "Oh, so what is the plan now that you have emerged from isolation?" Matthew asked. Arthur smiled at them sweetly, reaching for some of the candy at the center of the table.

"I will enjoy everything I can before my government decides to be strict on me again. Fuck them twats, eh? The only good thing they've done was allow people to screw in private," he spoke. What the hell has happened to him?

Do I want to get to know this new him? He seems so different, and I'm worried that he was in fact a different person than the one I fell in love with. I don't think I should force myself to regain my feelings.