♡ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴇᴇ♡

•befriending an outcast•

♡__.○.__♡

In the verdant greens, where the wind danced through the leaves and the sunlight shone bright, a figure emerged, her vibrant purple hair a striking contrast against the lush surroundings. She moved swiftly with purpose, her eyes sharp and determined as she rushed across the tranquil landscape before her, fan floating above her hand.

Amidst the nature, danger lurked in the form of who she guessed to be Fatui agents. Their appearances, although different from each other, fit Jean's descriptions.

With lightning-fast reflexes, y/n sprang into action, her movements fluid and precise as she engaged the enemy with skill and finesse. Her strikes of ice flew like a tempest, hitting with unerring accuracy as she met the agents head-on.

The Fatui agents, caught off guard by the girl's ferocity, found themselves struggling to keep up with the vessel's relentless onslaught, despite their advanced weaponry and underhanded tactics.

Not too far from y/n was Aether, keeping her safe from the enemies that threatened to strike her from behind. They backed each other up.

With a final beam of ice chasing away what they thought to be the last of them threatening the area, the two travellers stopped their onslaught.

Y/n continued to look around and Aether took a moment to breathe.

"That was awesome!" Paimon cheered as she emerged from wherever she'd been seeking shelter during the whole ordeal, "We make a pretty good team, us three!"

Aether eyed her with an unimpressed expression while y/n took hold of her fan, not letting it dissipate just yet.

"You mean y/n and I." He corrected her, and Paimon scoffed.

"Hey! This again? You know, even if Paimon doesn't fight, she's still your guide isn't she?" She tried her best to prove a statement. Though as if to spite her, Aether lifted his arms to cover his own ears with his hands after his sword disappeared from his hold.

Paimon was practically fuming, "You!-"

"Watch out!" Y/n shouted suddenly, alert after having been informed of something by Megumi.

Atop of the tower behind them, a skirmisher stood and pointed the line of direction of his weapon towards Aether.

Y/n pushed the startled blonde aside and tried to block the oncoming attack with a wave of her fan and a beam of cryo. However, much to her dismay, what threatened her were flames of pyro, easily pushing through her frost and knocking into her.