"𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕥 𝕙𝕠𝕞𝕖." |1.4|

The stars twinkled in the night sky, as though they were applauding the magnificent moon that gleamed in the centre.

The clouds were barely visible, despite there being plenty of them.

The tree leaves swayed against the night breeze, fighting to stay in place as the wind threatened to push them away.

It was a silent night, everything completely quiet until the faint sounds of footsteps filled the air.

"S-So you're an adeptus?"

"I am.."

The vessel wandered after the anemo wielder: who, despite his neutral expression, was keeping his guard up the entire time as he prepared himself for the moment he'd sense an enemy around them, ready to take immediate action.

Y/n's eyes lingered on his back as she followed after him. So, he was an adeptus? A guardian yaksha, to be exact.

She remembered the stories Yanli would tell her about the other adepti. And although the descriptions were vague, she could tell that they were some of her fondest memories judging from the smile on the fox deity's features.

From what she knew, Yanli cut off her contact with them.

She never explained why.

The puppet frowned to herself with a question in mind.

Would it be okay to tell this person about knowing her?

"You were headed towards Mondstadt, no?"

"Eh?"

Y/n snapped out of her thoughts, realizing that the boy who had been walking ahead earlier now turned back to face her.

He stopped walking.
Y/n didn't.

She quickly stumbled back to avoid bumping into him, immediately summoning her fan to create an ice wall behind herself to prevent the upcoming fall.

She managed to stand upright again, regaining her balance and grinning awkwardly. "Sorry.."

The adeptus seemed rather unphased.

"Quick enough to prevent a harmless fall yet not quick enough to prevent your own fate."

Ouch.
That kinda hurt.

Rather than acknowledging those words, she responded to his question instead. "Yes, I was headed towards Mondstadt."

"Good, then my guess was correct." He turned back around, "Since you weren't headed towards the direction of Mondstadt at all, I was convinced you were just roaming around for fun."

"I-I wasn't?"

Y/n blinked. Did she seriously just walk further into Liyue? Hadn't she left the grounds of that land at all?

How could one be so bad at reading a map?

"If that's the case, then..why did you ask if I was headed towards Mondstadt?" She questioned.