"𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕞𝕖," |1.9|

"My, I've now come to see that we sure make a great team." Kaeya's sly voice caused y/n to sigh in exhaustion. "Both of us wielding a cryo vision has proven to be quite handy, as one of us is able to take over during the other's cooldown."

"Yeah, but we just got lucky that there was water involved- why does this temple have pools of water and spikes? Is it supposed to be some weird security system?" Y/n quickly walked ahead, not really wanting to be beside him any longer.

"..Perhaps, you could say that." Kaeya's eyes wandered after her, watching as she approached the odd stone surrounded by swift anemo-energy.

"Though I must say, I did not expect a fair maiden with such a noble appearance to be as experienced in combat as you are." He continued to tease.

"Are you trying to tell me to change my clothes, or something?" Y/n glanced back at him blankly, summoning her catalyst above the palm of her hand. "You're seriously getting way too friendly with me."

"Heh, alright, I'll shut my mouth for now." He chuckled softly, "Go ahead and take care of it."

"Yeah, that was my plan." It didn't take long before her ice beams broke the stone apart, and it felt as though a quick gush of strong wind passed them by before fading away and having stillness take over the air of the temple once more.

"So..was that it?"

"I suppose so." Kaeya sighed, folding his arms over one another, "It's quite disappointing that our mission together has already come to such a quick end-"

"I'm leaving." Y/n interrupted, heading to walk past him and find her way outside of the temple once again-

'Behind you..'

'Huh?'

Her eyes widened at the sudden voice in her head. This voice wasn't hers, not in the slightest. It sounded gentle to the ears and appeared to be feminine, and hues of violet covered the vision of her surroundings. It was almost similar to what she experienced during her journey to Mondstadt.

When lightening striked.

She immediately turned around, knocking back a pyro mage that threatened to harm the two.

She blinked and the original dull colours returned to her surroundings, the violet that seeped into her sight fading away in an instant.

What was that?

"It appears you've got quick instincts." Kaeya spoke, his voice causing her to snap back into reality. She usually found his tone annoying, but just for now, she was grateful for it.

"I nearly hadn't spotted it, myself. Though I must wonder..does this mean the abyss order are the ones behind this?" He continued, and y/n frowned in thought.

'The abyss?'

The voice from earlier didn't help to warn her this time when a hydro mage suddenly appeared on the other side of the duo, but there didn't seem to be any need for a warning anyway when red-hot flames almost immediately passed the two and a familiar tall redhead attacked the abyss mage renderless with two single motions.