♡ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʟᴀʏ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴅᴏᴡɴ♡

•reminiscence of the old times•

reminiscence of the old times

♡__.○.__♡

The moon rose high in the sky, casting its gentle silver light upon the city of Mondstadt. The streets were bathed in a soft glow, the stars twinkling like diamonds scattered across a velvet canvas.

The anemo archon statue stood tall and proud in the heart of Mondstadt's plaza, its form illuminated by the moon's beams. Carved from stone, with outstretched wings and a serene expression that seemed to watch over the city with benevolent eyes.

Perched delicately in the hands of the statue, Venti sat in quiet contemplation, his emerald cloak billowing in the gentle breeze.

Behind him stood two travellers, one with blonde hair and the other's purple tinted. Their little fairy-like friend floated between them, her eyes sad yet confused.

"So then what?" The sprite asked, not even taking a moment to let the God's story of the past sink in first, "What happened to your friend?"

Venti remained silent.

Aether and y/n eyed one another, the glint in their contrasting eyes mutual. The answer was obvious to them.

"..Paimon, let's go pick some apples." Aether suddenly said, and Paimon turned to him in disbelief to this sudden need.

"Seriously? Right now?"

"Ah, after all that's happened happened, I'm a bit perched myself. The taste of juicy apples would be lovely right about now." Y/n spoke to boost the effect of Aether's words, hoping that the delicious description of the taste of apples would help send Paimon over the edge.

It seemed to work, judging from the look on Paimon's face.

The sprite drooled and then quickly shook her head. "Alright, fine! But Paimon gets to have the most!"

Aether rolled his eyes and y/n laughed. "I'll join you two soon."

Watching them glide off the hands of the statue, the smile on y/n's face saddened a bit. She then looked at Venti again, observing how his twin braids moved ever so slightly in the night breeze.

"..You feeling okay, Venti?"

"..You two sure catch on quick." she could hear the smile in the bard's words, but she wasn't sure wether or not it was genuine.

Venti tilted his head back, seeming to bask under the moonlight. "Maybe it's right that a true friend can tell what the other is thinking."