chapter 24

Elizabeth POV:

I can't take it anymore; the dead silence of the house is killing me. It feels like I'm not staying with anyone.

"Dad!" I called out but didn't get a reply. I've been looking around the whole house now and still can't find anyone. I just want to apologize so everything will be back to normal.

"Dad!" I yelled again, still not getting any reply. I called the others, hoping I would get a response, but got nothing.

With a breath, I walked to my room. "Maybe they left you," my inner self said. Shaking my head at the stupid thoughts, I walked towards my bathroom to take a cold shower, hoping that would cool my mind a bit.

When I walked out of my bathroom, I went around the house again, having faith that I might see them this time.

"Dad!" I called out softly.

"Yes, princess," I heard him say back, making me breathe in relief. I walked towards his voice, only to meet him in the living room with the others watching TV.

The room went quiet the moment I walked in, my eyes glued to the ground trying to avoid any eye contact.

"Is something wrong?" Dad asked.

Nodding my head quietly, I opened my mouth, ready to apologize, but then Zack said, "We are sorry for the way we all behaved, Eli. Just that Mom left us when she found that Dad was in the Mafia, and we didn't want the same thing to happen," he spoke quietly.

I looked in his direction; you could see the sadness in his eyes, and also in the others.

Dad looked at me with a pleading look.

"I was just about to apologize too," I whispered back. "I didn't mean to get you all scared; I was planning to return from the woods, but I guess I slept off."

"I'm sorry, guys. I wasn't planning to leave any time soon. We are family, and you saved me," I whispered while tears dropped from my eyes.

"Can you please forgive me?" I whispered before crying.

All my brothers ran towards me, attacking me in a group hug, and then Dad joined too.

"We forgive you, sweetie. Just don't do it again next time, okay?" Dad said while I gave him a nod.

"Alright, let's go watch some movies," Ryan said happily while doing his happy dance.

Everyone laughed before walking towards the couch where we all sat silently, enjoying the quiet moment.

"God, I love my family," my inner self said before getting a nod from me.