chapter 14

Elizabeth POV:

Classes went by fast. No one spoke to me except Teo and Zack; his other friends kept glaring at me once in a while but didn't say anything. I was also receiving a lot of looks from other girls, but none came up to me. Now it was lunchtime, but I didn't feel like going to the cafeteria and making things look awkward and stuffy, so I sent a text to Zack telling him I wouldn't come. With that, I walked to the school library.

When I finally got there, I walked in and waved at the elderly lady before walking around the room, looking for books to read. When I finally got to the love section books, I stopped at a green-looking book. The cover of the book was so pretty; it sparked my interest. So, I pulled the book from the shelf and walked to the free chairs around the room.

"BE MINE" was the title of the book; my arm touched the soft book cover. Smiling softly at it, I couldn't help but look at the cover again; it looked really pretty. A lady was on the cover wearing a white dress; her hair was held up, making her look even prettier as she sat on a branch, looking up to the sky, clearly lost in her world.

I probably looked like a creep sitting on a chair, staring at a book like I was about to eat it. Flipping the book open, I began reading the author's point of view about the story.

"That's a great book," I heard a voice say quietly to me. I jumped and let out a little squeal, holding the book closer to me before snapping my head to the voice.

"I'm so sorry; I didn't mean to scare you," a girl said. I looked closer at her before noticing her appearance. Her long hair made me remember Mrs. Brown. Her little black Asian eyes stared back at me.

"It's okay," I mumbled, still looking at her. She looked like one of those nerds wearing big black thick glasses that stayed on her nose tip.

"I'm Anna," she whispered, making me smile. Finally, someone wants to talk to me.

"Elizabeth," I said back with the same tone she used. She nodded her head before looking at the book I was holding. My eyes followed her movement before holding the book out.

"Wanna read it together?" I questioned her. She nodded her head lightly with a little chuckle. I took the book closer to her before pulling out my chair too.

"You seem new here," I heard her say softly. Her voice was so small; that you could hardly know if she was talking to you or herself. Nodding my head, I said, "Yep, I just got here," which made her nod too.

"What about you?" I asked. She looked at me from her glasses before mumbling, "Been here for one month now," she says.

"Don't you have friends? You should be in the cafeteria," I said, raising my eyebrows at her. She shook her head still focusing on the book. With a breath, I looked back at the story.

It took a while before we heard the bell ring. We both let out a small sigh, clearly enjoying the story.

"What class do you have now?" I asked, placing the book in my bag. We will just continue it later.

"Science," she mumbled, still shy to look at me.

"Same with me," I said before holding out my arms to her. She looked at me, then my arm before raising her eyebrows at me. Rolling my eyes at her, I said, "Come on, shy freak, let's go together," I mumbled while pulling her arms.

She huffed and said something about not being a shy freak, which made me chuckle. We walked towards the entrance of the library, waving at the lady again before getting to the hall.

"So, ain't you gonna say anything to me?" I asked her. She shook her head, no, but her head remained on the floor, our hands stayed linked together, but no words were shared.

With that, we got to the science class, only to see my brother with his friends laughing about something. Walking to the other side of the rows, I and Anna sat down quietly before taking out our books.

I could see my brother throwing glares at me, but I didn't say anything, just looked ahead.