Wattpad Original
There are 33 more free parts

Chapter 22

STELLA

Sleep didn't allow me to hang around for very long. It was close to midday when I finally decided that, even though I was resplendently comfortable cradled against Killian's body, I had to get out the room. It was almost stiflingly hot, the ceiling fan only circulating the stale and warm air in the room.

I was feeling good despite the decisions I had to make (amazing what a night- er, morning- in the arms of a sinfully attractive man can do), and the persistent nips of doubt hanging about the edges of my thoughts, and I didn't feel like spending the day indoors while the sun was shining and a beautiful day loomed brilliantly outside.

The rest of the house was silent, my friends obviously still in the throes of sleeping off the remnants of the previous night's shenanigans. I tiptoed upstairs to my own room so that I could shower and change into a bikini- a particular crocheted top in army green that had caught my eye on the way down to Port Alfred. It was a halter neck and fitted a bit snugly, but I couldn't complain about the overall effect. I tossed my hair in a careless bun, dumping my sunglasses atop that, and tied a sarong around my waist. Then, I grabbed my laptop from the carnage of my room and exited with the device tucked under my arm.

I was so behind in my deadlines Zahra was sure to be inundating me with reminder emails- emails that I was steadfastly avoiding the longer I avoided writing the piece, suitably distracted by what was turning out to be a steamy holiday fling with my gorgeous ex. I intended to head down to the pool and hash out as many words as I could, especially since the other occupants of the house seemed to be asleep which would assure me of little disruption and no more excuses... and while I was at it, I could give the whole Killian situation some thought.

God, one day didn't seem enough to make that sort of decision and it felt like a really difficult one to make. Something I ought to meditate over. Isn't that what holistic, well-put together folks did when they needed answers? Meditate. Eat some kale. Let the universe guide.

"Stella!"

I jumped, almost dropping my laptop, and spun to the hushed, urgent voice that had called my name. Sadie stood on the threshold of her own room situated beside mine and she looked a right mess. Her hair was wild and knotted around her shoulders, her make-up smudged under her eyes, and her pyjamas were wrinkled and sitting oddly on her body and that's when I noticed that she had buttoned the silk top skew.

"Good morning, Sades. Feeling alright?"

"Come here," she whisper-shouted, beckoning me with her fingers of one hand while simultaneously pressing the index finger of the other against her lips in the universal gesture of shut-up.

"Are you still drunk?"

A loopy grin trembled on her lips, but she shook her head, then frowned. "Maybe a little. But that's not important! Come look!"

I ambled over to her, foregoing my mission of deadlines and meditation, and peered into the room that she was gesturing into. The blinds were drawn, making the chamber dark, and the bed dominated the space, catching my eye. Sipho sprawled in the centre of it, sheets drawn low over his waist, his huge torso a latticework of dark bulging muscle.

"What?" I asked her, perplexed, unable to see anything other than her fiancé that would serve to make her so excitable right then.

"Look!" she urged, grinning widely as she threw her hand out towards the man in the bed. "Look at that man. And he is mine!"

She seemed so damn giddy and proud, I couldn't help but smile at her antics. I gave her a hug with my free arm, the stale alcoholic fumes from the night prior invading my nostrils as it streamed from her skin. "Yes, he is, hun. All yours forever and ever after tomorrow. Why don't you go have a shower and then join me by the pool with some coffee?"