Grow Up and Be Kids

Dean coughs violently on the sip of coffee he had taken. Sam jumps in surprise and then starts to pound on his back. Cas sits still, unsure of how to respond. Leah quickly gets down in front of Dean and holds his reddened face in her hands.

"Are you okay?!" Her voice is high and strained. He nods and then sits back.

"You sure you're okay, Dean?" Sam asks, his face taunt with worry.

Dean smiles weakly, "Physically? Yeah. Mentally or emotionally? Hell no." Leah frowns and then settles back into her seat. She hangs her head in embarrassment. Just then, the front door opens.

"Ma? I'm hooooomeeee! School sucked, as per usual. Do we have any cans of Sprite left? Mom? Where are-" A teenage girl walks into the room and Dean blinks several times to make sure she's real. Very tall, just like himself (Leah is a very short girl). But she has Leah's looks. Pale blue eyes, straight dark brown hair. She surveys the new guests with faint interest before turning to her mother.

"Earth to Mom. Two things. One, do we have any Sprites left? Two, who the hell are people?" She asks while her eyes size up the three guys sitting on her living room couch.

"Rose Amelia Applewhite! Watch your mouth!" Leah says sternly, her eyes flashing dangerously. "Yes, we have a few left. These 'people' are my friends. Rosie, meet Dean, Sam and Cas." Leah points politely to each of them in turn. Rosie turns and curtseys.

"The pleasure is mine," Her voice in a sarcastic Southern drawl. Leah smacks Rosie on her leg lightly.

"Hey! None of that kinky crap. I'm grabbing a soda and going upstairs to do homework," Rosie calls as she begins to exit the room.

"No. Why don't you take Sam and Cas outside. Show them the gardens," Leah says with a slight pitch to her voice.

"Why?! I've gotta finish my science project and I've got math-"

"You can do that later. Please, I want to talk to Dean for a minute. It's private and important."

Rosie groans and then stomps off towards the door. She huffs once she has reached it and then begins to tap her foot. She shoots a glare over to the couch.

"Look, I ain't got all day dammit."

"Rosie!"

"Ugh!" With a final stomp, Rosie goes outside and slams the door behind her.

Leah turns apologetically to the others.

"I'm sorry. She's usually not like this........ Please, go outside and she'll show you around."

Sam and Cas nod and then walk out the door. Leah turns to Dean.

"I guess I have some explaining to do, huh?" She says sheepishly. Dean nods and lets out a puff of air.

"Look. We were sixteen. We hung out, we "dated" I guess. Then we slept together one time. But that's really all it takes, isn't it? You left a few days after our one night stand. A week or so later, I felt like crap. They sent me to the school nurse. I told her what happened, she handed me the stick, and I peed on it. I waited for what felt like forever and when the timer was up, I looked at it. Needless to say I made her give me three extra tests to take. All positive. So ended my school career and began my "Mommy" career."

"You could've called me! I would've come back. Even if I had to run away! I gave you my number-"

"I called you many times Dean. You never answered. So I gave up. My parents helped me raise Rosie until they both died. Since then I've been raising her on my own."

Dean looks at Leah and his heart breaks. Leah's face has crumpled and she's crying silently. Dean walks over to her and pulls her into a hug.

"And that's not even the worst part," Leah sobs. Dean's eyebrows raise.

"Then what is?"

"I wasn't exactly who you thought I was when we slept together."

"What do you mean?" Dean asks. Leah cries a little harder and then begins to wipe her tears away.

"I was-"

And she was interrupted by the ear-piercing, blood-chilling scream of her daughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Cliffhanger!!!! I'm evil, I know. Sorry for this being so short, but I wanted to update. I promise to make the next chapter a little longer. Thanks for being patient guys!!!!!!! If you happen to read any of my other stories, they will be updated soon!!!!!! So until next time!!

- I_Am_A_Mishamego (Jesus of the Wattpad Account)