TWENTY FIVE - Taking Matters In Your Own Hands

/ Kinkade's POV /

8:22

Recent news reaches me. The incident from the last hour has reported multiple casualties, including rebellion 'scum'. The Penetrator; highly inappropriate joke on my part, has been declared deceased as of today. It is a pity. Such a peculiar mutant, gone to dust. Now, now, this is the way things function in this era. Head for a head. Fire for fire.

The Rebellion must be turbulent with this loss, including the Dove. It was one of Dove's men, in the end. Rebellion's Dove might further proceed with more caution - or – the complete opposite.

I check the records in the room I occupy. The cutting-edge location and the closest base which follows must be none other than District POINT's. Luck is on my side, I know where they will be next and by trusting my knowledge of Dove's nature, I discern the most suitable trap.

9:15

"Book me a seat in The Escanor, if you please." I give Carina a fright.

She recollects herself, a rigid weasel in all her mannerisms. "The ship has been claimed by Colonel 'Mon, before departing to his hunt."

Cardamon brings more fury than one must, surely. I have entered a cycle of denial in recent times. His chains imprint spice and irritating scars on me as of late. I do not have the freedom to chase him. My dear Eva is the head priority. "Then, lend me Icarus. I am sure the colonel will not mind his partner borrowing assets."

"Where to?"

"Viaya, planet 138490." I walk, a cocoon of stone veiling my figure.

"Does his sire permit you -?"

"He will not mind late notice, trust me."

Carina grunts. "I desire nothing but the best."

I pick up the keys and continue my path to the docs. "Do not lie to yourself." I wave my hand, continuing forward. "Announce the team in placement of my arrival, will you?!"