Chapter 77: Tired Nights.

The night came quicker than what they anticipated. Their day was busy, filled with tasting and choosing food for the wedding day. Even testing out what flavour cake to go with, though ultimately they chose a plain vanilla cake. Given that the two were eating all day, they skipped their dinner and just wanted to go right to sleep.

By the time they got to their quarters the younger of the two males was about to fall into their bed but the king caught the warlock by his waist and held him up, laughing as he saw the other pout tiredly. Taehyung shook his head and directed the younger to go get changed into something for more sleeping. There was a tired nod from Jeongguk as he waddled his way over to their closet to get changed.

Taehyung couldn't help but have a silly, loving grin play on his features. There was a softness in his eyes as he saw the other disappear into the closet. He waited for a bit before he decided to walk in after the other male and get changed himself.

"Baby.." Taehyung chuckled as he saw the other getting changed with his eyes practically closed. "Are you that tired, sweetheart?"

Jeongguk whined as he slipped on his nightshirt as he was just wearing underwear and a shirt."I feel like I'm about to enter a coma because of the amount of food I ate today."

"Well, we don't have to taste any more food for the wedding. We just have to eat breakfast tomorrow morning is all," Taehyung explained as he saw the other let out a heavy sigh.

"I can't fathom the thought of food right now… I'm going to fall into bed in just a second before I fall asleep here.." His lips still held the pout, but his words were getting more slurred from how tired he felt just standing there.

"You go lay in bed, I'll be there soon," Taehyung reassured as he placed a small kiss on the younger's forehead.

"But what if I fall asleep before you come and lay down?" Jeongguk questioned as he rubbed his face with his hands.

Taehyung took the younger's hands away from his face and placed kisses on each finger, including the palm, and looked directly into the other's slightly opened eyes.

"If you fall asleep.." Taehyung placed more kisses on the other's wrist. "Then you fall asleep, it's okay."

"Are you sure?" Jeongguk's voice was soft. "What if you wanna talk..?" He tried to look back at the other but failed as his eyelids kept fluttering.

"We can talk another night, If we need to, your rest is important, you know." Taehyung nodded with a faint smile forming on his lips.

"Alright…" Jeongguk nodded back. "Let me go lay down.."

Taehyung let go of the other's hands to let the warlock walk over to their bed. The king only watched for a moment, just till the other got to the bed in case he fell as he walked. He smiled before taking off his cape and placing it on a hook by his own clothing.

He hummed as he took off his tunic that he had been wearing for the day and slipped off his pants, too. As Taehyung let his pants fall to the floor, he scanned the area where he had his night shirts hanging and chose a loose fitting midnight blue one to wear, along with underwear too. It wasn't the same colour as Jeongguk's; his one was white.

Taehyung placed his clothing in their hamper and walked out to walk to bed. He saw the younger nuzzled into his pillow and fighting to keep his eyes open, even though he was failing as his head would dip every now and then.

"Jeonggukie, I said if you fell asleep, it was okay," Taehyung spoke in a jokingly serious tone.

"But I wanted.." Jeongguk yawned softly. "..wanted to see you in front of me before I slept, and to feel your … your arms around me.." He huffed between muttered words.