Chapter 43: Behind Closed Doors.

The afternoon turned to evening as the young couple had conversed and joked around with each other in the prince's quarters. Though soon a maid would show up with the prince's dinner, but they didn't seem to mind at that moment because they were in their own world. Though when the maid does come to give the prince his meal, they'll have to be broken out from their sweet world and brought back to reality.

That does happen; the maid comes knocking on the prince's door and the two jump from the unexpected noise. Taehyung stood up and walked over to his door to open it and took the tray from the maid with a gentle smile.

"Thank you" Taehyung said to the maid in a gentle tone as he shut the door behind him with the tray in one hand.

"Taehyungie let me carry-"

"No, you know I don't like it when others do things for me that I can just do myself" Taehyung shook his head as he placed the tray down on the table.

"Alright, if you say so" Jeongguk nodded as he sat down at the table where he normally would be seated. "It's just…"

"Just what? I need to learn to be a good boyfriend and husband to my future husband, so I need to make him feel like a king, like he should have felt all his life" Taehyung explained with sweetness dripping from his tone of voice.

"Don't… you said that so easily.." Jeongguk muttered out, feeling flustered from the others' words and hiding his face with his hands.

"It's true though" Taehyung smiled as he took the silver cover off the tray and saw that it was a warm meal of mashed potatoes, tenderised lamb with gravy and carrots.

"Quiet the warm meal" Taehyung commented. "...they still make too much too"

"Well, it doesn't matter anyway" Jeongguk gave an innocent smile. "You share with me"

"That I do" Taehyung smiled as he sat down. "Here you have the first bite" The prince picked up his fork and took a bit of lamb on the end with some carrot and scooped up some mashed potatoes with it.

"..are..are you sure?" The warlock asked.

"I'm sure" The prince smiled as he moved the fork closer to the younger, who opened his mouth to take the first bite.

"Any good?" Taehyung asked as he scooped up a bite of his own.

Jeongguk nodded as he chewed his bite. "It's delicious, it's been awhile since I've had a dinner like this" He had his mouth covered with his hand as he replied.

"Really? When was the last time?" Taehyung asked curiously.

"Back when I was younger, on the rare occasions when we had enough food" the warlock explained. "Though we didn't have the gravy" he giggled.

"Oh… it's been that long?" Taehyung questioned with disbelief. "I'll have to make sure you eat plenty of this in the future then, I don't want my baby to feel hungry"

"Taehyungie~" Jeongguk whined with a giggle as the prince kept flirting with him. The prince was in a rather flirtatious mood this evening so it's something that the warlock wasn't used to.

"What I'm right, aren't I?" The older questioned as he scooped up another bite for himself quickly, before scooping up another for the warlock and making him eat it.

"A little… I won't admit it fully" The warlock gave a shy smile from the corner of his mouth.

"That means I am~" The older male replied in a sing-song tone.

"I didn't say you were-" but Jeongguk was cut off by the prince.

"You also didn't deny it either" He raised an eyebrow while pointing at the younger with the fork in hand.