Chapter 5: That Stupid Arrangement.

After Taehyung finished his breakfast with the new male by his side, he couldn't help but wonder how the other knew that waking up in a nice soft way was a lot better than being yelled awake. He watched as the male placed the silver lid over the now empty plate that had his breakfast on it as Taehyung finished his tea. He raised an eyebrow lightly as he saw Jeongguk move the tray away from him a bit. 

With the final sip of his tea from his cup, Taehyung placed it down on the table. Jeongguk quickly picked it up and moved it to the tray about to pick it up, when the prince grabbed his wrist. 

"No need to take it, the maid will be around shorty to get it" Taehyung explained simply, as he stood up from his chair and adjusted his belt and made sure his shirt was tucked in nicely. 

"Are you sure Taehyung-ssi..?" Jeongguk asked as he looked back and forth between the tray and the prince. 

He smiled "I'm certain.." Taehyung nodded "now, come on let's see what my father has planned for this meeting" he groaned, making the younger giggle and then abruptly stopped. 

"I'm sorry…" Jeongguk quickly apologized with a guilty expression. 

"No need, he is so dreadful, why even ban magic practice?" Taehyung shook his head. "I'll never know his reasoning" he rolled his eyes. 

Jeongguk looked at the prince with wide eyes before quickly nodding. He followed the prince as he started to walk out of his quarters. They walked down the halls, with the warlock following behind him silently as he was told he must not speak up while with the prince in the halls, which he thought was absolute nonsense but what can he do? Nothing. He huffed as he walked behind the prince.

"Jeongguk, remember do not call me by my name in front of my father, it's only a thing you can do when it's just me and you, okay?" Taehyung asked, making sure the younger remembered. 

Jeongguk nodded his head with a smile, but was feeling annoyed as he continued to follow the prince towards the throne room. He knew he shouldn't be annoyed as it was a part of the different class he was and the prince was in, yet he couldn't change that even if he wanted. 

They came up to the throne room doors and two knights pushed them open to allow Taehyung and Jeongguk to walk through to see the king, who was sitting in his throne talking with a few knights about the upcoming event that was being planned. 

"Ah! Taehyung, my son finally you have arrived" The King exclaimed as he noticed Taehyung walking in. 

Taehyung let out a soft sigh. "Yes, morning father, what is it you wish to talk with me about?" He asked as he stood with his hands behind his back. 

"Oh good, Your servant told you about the meeting I summoned you for, excellent" He spoke bluntly, making the younger look at him questionably but quickly changed his expression so he wouldn't mean to offend the king. 

"Anyway, Taehyung, I've summoned you here to talk about the arrangement we are setting up with another kingdom…" 

Taehyung looked at his father with a confused glance. "And what would be…?" 

"We'll, an arranged marriage of course" the king laughed. 

"Father, I've told you before I'm not interested in this arrangement or any type like this!" Taehyung shouted back. 

"I don't care, you're going to marry the princess from the next kingdom over and that's final!" The king shouted back. 

"I will not! I would rather marry a commoner than a princess, I hardly know" Taehyung argued back before turning to leave. Jeongguk quickly bowed to the king unwillingly before following the prince out of the throne room.