Chapter 27: After Battle Pains.

The sound of grunts from the prince's and hisses from the muscle strain left his lips as he held back the black knight's blade against his own. What would be his next move? Would there be an opening for him to cast his blade into the dead man's body? Surely he could figure it out. Taehyung thought about his next move, if the black knight would raise his sword above his head one slice through his torso would kill him for good. So for that to happen, he would need to push the black knight back.

The prince huffed as he pushed his attack forward and made the dead knight walking stumble back for a second before standing still, he charged with his sword above his head, ready to strike but the prince lowered to his knees and slice up the black knight's stomach causing him to stutter and almost collapse onto the red haired male.

Taehyung stood up and backed off fast as he watched the now dead body fall to the gravel with a crunch. The crowd gasped and stood still as they waited and watched to see if the black night would move. He did not, he was now officially dead.

Taehyung stood as he wiped his sweat from his forehead, the pounding of his heartbeat in his ears muffled the sound of the crowds cheering, though one wasn't cheering.

The warlock stood as he watched the older wipe his sweat and breath heavily. Jeongguk knew he needed to get the armor off of him fast so the blazing sun's heat wouldn't cause him to faint. He jumped the fence and ran over to the prince who held his sword tightly in his hand and held his face in the other.

"Come on, Hyungie, you need to get out of that heavy armor.." Jeongguk whispered to the prince who stood breathless.

Taehyung nodded softly so as to not hurt his head further. He slid his sword back into its scabbard that lay on his hip. Just as they were about to turn, the black knight's body turned to a mist and floated away leaving behind the skeleton of the former body. Jeongguk watched with fear in his eyes but also relief that one challenge was gone but the fear that more would soon to come never left his mind.

"Taehyung.. Wins!" The king shouted as the crowd cheered louder.

Though Taehyung did not react, he just continued to walk with the warlock, who held him by his shoulders and arm to keep him steady as they walked to Namjoon quarters. It would've been better than walking up all the stairs that lead to his own quarters.

The two slowly, but surely made it to the physicians quarters and Jeongguk knocked on the door, waiting for the physician to open it. He could feel the olders heavy, warm breath on his neck and the olders head on his shoulder. The door opened and Namjoon looked at them curiously but with shock.

"Come in, quickly" Namjoon motioned for them to wall in. "Have him sit down, get that armor off of him and get a cold wet cloth and place it on his neck" he instructed.

Jeongguk merely nodded as he walked with the prince towards the empty chair that was by the table. He slowly sat the older down and started to unbuckle the straps and slip off the armor from the prince's body. He didn't care how it would land on the ground; he only cared about the prince's well-being. He squatted down in front of the prince.

"Here" Namjoon gave the warlock a bowl with a cloth in it, surrounded by cool water.

"Thank you" Jeongguk nodded as he took the bowl and rang out the cloth before folding it and placing it on the back of the prince's neck.

"Namjoon-hyung… do you have anything for a headache..?" Taehyung asked softly, enjoying the attention and care he was getting from Jeongguk.

"I'll look if I do, if not I'll whip something up" Namjoon replied.