Chapter 15: Mad Doctor

Start from the beginning

"Everything okay, your majesty?" The voice of Lee questions her guardian. She had been under the King and Queen's protection after accidentally transporting to their world. Tabitha had asked for her to come so she could get to know them better while her appointment took place. "You've been quiet the entire time we've been in the car."

Waking the Queen up from her daydreaming, she confesses her worried thought about the ultrasound. Raven and Lee reassured her that it was just jitters to being a mother to a brand new baby once more, but it there was something really bothering Tabitha that needed to be addressed right away. Although she couldn't form the right words to speak.

She had been thinking about the Blade of Fate lately. On the day she accidentally fell and landed on the knife, it had cut through her stomach, before she found out that she was even pregnant with her new baby. The wound had been healed and nothing was thought of it yet now that Tabitha knew she was with child, her thoughts were clouded with many concerning and intrusive thoughts of that fateful day.

Was the baby hurt in the process?

"You guys are probably right." The vampire sighs heartily from the front passenger seat. "Just pre-birth jitters."

"That's my girl." Raven grins pleasingly at her sister, finally stopping the car at the front doors of the hospital. "Now you two go. I'll be in the parking garage if you need me. And Lee..." the Queen's head maid looks to the elf in the backseat, who was fiddling with the seatbelt strapped across her chest. She seemed to be struggling to take it off until Raven pressed the dispatching button, gaining the attention of Lee. "Take care of Tabitha, got it?"

Lee nods her head. "Don't worry, Ray-Ray, we got this!" She says confidently yet the nickname didn't appear to be accepted by the Evil Queen's daughter, who gave her a stern gaze. "We'll be fine." The elf tells her friend with a reassuring smile.

Both Tabitha and Lee hop out of the car, wave goodbye to Raven prior to making their way inside of the hospital. Tabitha lead while Lee follows her guardian quickly from behind, kindly not saying a word and keeping to herself in order for things to move smoothly. The two of them reach the front desk where Tabitha checks herself.

"Hello, your majesty." The front clerk says with a friendly smile. "How are you today?" They push a clipboard over for the Queen to sign her name on. "Any pain or kicking from the baby?"

Tabitha shakes her head with a soft smirk. "I'm fine, thank you very much Paul. The baby's be pretty quiet lately so no pain or kicking." She admits with a shrug of her shoulders while sign her name. "How's the family?"

Paul grins happily at this. "Oh, things are great. We're finally recovering after the attack from the large monster last month, thank god for that." He says with a small laugh until seeing his comrade's upset gaze. "Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean it like that. I don't believe Varian did that, if that's what you think."

"That's because he didn't do it!" Lee tells the receptionist defensively which gains the attention of most of the people in the lobby. "Why can't you people understand that? It's common knowledge that he was framed—!" The elf sees Tabitha's stern gaze that quickly silences her mid-sentence. "Sorry." Lee apologizes prior to taking a step back.

With a tiny sigh, Tabitha slightly shakes her head with a little smile aimed towards her new friend. She knew that Lee meant well and her actions were only out of kindness, but the Vampire Queen was just not in the mood to discuss the troubles taking place in the Dimenscape. She apologizes to Paul before the two of the sit in a pair of chairs that were against the wall closest to the wall.