Chapter 42

Eddie's POV

"We need to get El." With that everyone starts moving as if they have a plan. I'm standing still not knowing what to do.

"She's at Joyce's right now." Hopper states and starts heading back to Steve's house. Everyone starts to hurry out of the woods.

"Woah Woah Woah!" I yell and everyone stops to look at me, "What the hell is going on?!"

"Listen, Munson, this is not the time to question things. We need to move." Steve says, very annoyed and continues to run out of the woods everyone starts following him. Robin stays with me for a second.

"Robin, what's going on?" I ask desperately. She gives me a sad look.

"It's a lot to try to explain right now. There's so much you dont know about with this town." She sighs and we start walking towards the rest of the group.

Now, we are driving to the Byers house. Dustin rode with Hopper and Steve while Robin and Max rode with me.

"Run that by me again?" I ask VERY confused. Robin has been trying to tell me something about monsters and magic.

"There's an alternate Hawkins that exists with monsters and El has powers that can help us right now." Robin explains again.

"So there's this alternate dimension parallel to Hawkins with monsters DND type monsters that have killed people, Hawkins Lab is responsible for unleashing this shit on the town by opening a portal and creating an army of children psyhic powers which El, the El that I gave a brownie to and she complimented my hair, is one of them and Will has not only been possessed by some of this shit but actualy has been to this place. And fo the past 5 years you all have been dealing with this shit?" I spit out. I feel like I'm drowning in this information.

"Well I've only know about it since about like year." Robin looks at Max, "And you've only known about it since about two years ago right?"

"Yeah. Everyone else has been dealing with it since the start." Max replies. They both look back at me.

"Okay, how are you all so calm right now? You just described a monster ridden reality that is seeping through to this reality and you are acting as if it's just another day at the office." How are they so calm right now.

"Well" they look between each other, "unfortunately for us that's what it is. We've all had to come to terms with it."

I take a breath and then it hits me, Stevie, "You don't think that's where Stevie is do you? Did Stevie know about this stuff?" I start shaking.

"No, she didn't know. That's why we are going to El. She can help us. Even if she is there, we will get her back Eddie." Robin turns in the passengers seat to fully look at me. I let out a shaky breathe and focus on the road. I can't believe it. These people, these kids, have been dealing with this shit since the were in middle school. They've lost people. And now Stevie could be stuck there with no idea what's going on with monsters that have killed people.

After what felt like an eternity, we pull up to the Byer's house. Joyce, Will, Jonathan, and El were standing on the porch. Hopper explains what going on and they start getting the things set up for El to do her thing, I guess, I still don't fully understand what's going on.

"Nancy and Mike are on their way with Lucas." Jonathan shoves his hands in his pocket as we all gather in the livingroom around the tv. They explain to me that El would be able to "mindwalk" to Stevie and hopefully see where she is.

"It needs to be absolutely silent in here beside the static. Not a Word. Okay?" Will says looking at me and I nod. Joyce turns on the TV for the static and El pulls down the makeshift blindfold over her eyes. Everything stood still. We stand in the living listening to static for what felt like forever when El started to speak.