Chapter 8

Eddie's POV

"My bad." Stevie mumbles after throwing a book on the counter. I look up at her and chuckle to myself.

She's a little weird.

I like it.

Sitting down at the head of the Hendersons' table, I set my back down and start unloading the content. I pulled out my DM screen and set it up before pulling out my notes and figures for the game. I pull out the map and stand up to lay it across the table. All the while I am setting everything up, I can't help but let my eyes wander to the kitchen.

I can't get the image of Stevie swaying to Dio out of my head.

I know it was a deal to listen to the tapes but I truly didn't expect her to listen to it, let alone enjoy it. I feel a kick from under the table and look over to see Gareth smiling at me.

"You wanna keep those feet?" I ask, raising an eyebrow and pulling my dice sets from my bag and spearing them out behind my screen.

"You wanna keep those feet?" He mocks me while looking over at Stevie as she's cleaning up the kitchen, "I see what you're doing man."

"What am I doing?" I asked, leaning back in my chair.

"Dude, you're so blatantly staring at Henderson's sister. Like try and make it less obvious next time, cause damn." He laughs.

"What we talking about?" Robbie says, sitting down in the seat next to Gareth.

"Nothing." I bluntly say.

"Yeah, Nothing. Just how our big bad Dungeon Master here is making eyes at Henderson's sister like he's some love-struck puppy."

"I have no idea what you are talking about," I say, picking up one of the almonds from the table and throwing it at him. They both just laugh and shake their heads. The rest of the boys make their way to the table and we can finally start.

"I don't what your sister is making in there Henderson but damn does it smell good." Jeff smiles. Gareth and Robbie both nod their heads in agreement.

"She's making her lasagna. It's really good. Like heavenly good." Byers says, and his friends agree.

"I don't know how I'm gonna make it through the game smelling it dude." Sinclair smiles, leaning back in his chair and looking at Dustin.

"Okay gentlemen Let's get this show on the road," I say, trying to redirect the campaign. "Last time we were together, you decided that the best course of action for shelter was the darkened cave and when you tried to do a perception roll it failed, somehow every single time. Still don't know how you managed that. I mean Wheeler you rolled a Nat one and expected something." I laugh.

"Hey, Dustin didn't do much better!" He say, pointing across the table.

"I didn't roll a Nat One, you dip shit." Dustin said, pushing him slightly.

"Alright, boys settle down," I continue looking through my notes from the last session, "Even though you failed your perception checks, you still decided to take shelter, so now you have rested all hit points, and spell slots are restored. What is your move?" I look up and see Stevie leaning across the kitchen counter, staring over at us. Dustin looked in between her and me and starts to talk.

"I want to see how big the cave is, see if there's anything in there that we can use."

"Alright roll perception. Hopefully, it works out better for you." He picks up his D20 and it rolls across the table.

"Shit a three but with my modifiers, it's a...four. Great." He says as Sinclair hands him his dice.

"Well, using the light from the outside, you can see that this cave does go farther in than you originally thought, though you can't see how far because....well, It's dark. By the way, Jeff, can you roll a D20 for me?"