Chapter 7

Stevie's POV

"How much food do you need? There's enough to feed the entire town." Robin groans, rubbing her eyes and gesturing to the half full cart. "What do you even need all this for? It's only you and Dustin, your mom's never home."

"Dustin's D&D club is being held at our place tonight." I say and she grins. "What?" I ask.

"Dude, the guy you have unreal sexual tension with, Eddie Munson, is gonna be at your house? Where your bedroom is?" She teases and I roll my eyes.

"I only need a few more things, then I promise we can go stalk Vickie at the arcade." I say, ignoring the statement about a certain metal head.

"Shut up." She blushes.

I laugh, turning the corner and immediately grinning at who I see. "I guess she's not at the arcade..."I smirk at Robin and her eyes go wide.

"Hey Vickie!" I smile, the red head girl spinning on her heel to see us. I turn to my left and no longer see my best friend. "You've gotta be kidding me." I mumble.

"Hey Stevie." Vickie smiles, looking down at my cart and laughs. "That's a lot of food."

"Yeah, I'm feeding all of Dustin's friends tonight. They could eat a whole cow if they felt like it." I chuckle and look around for Robin.

"Who ya looking for?" Vickie asks, also looking around.

"Robin. She was just here with me." I tell her and she giggles. "She's over there." She points and I turn to look and there she is.

Hiding behind a fucking freezer.

"Ah...I better go see if she's okay, it was nice seeing you!" I smile and walk over to Robin.

"I hate you. With my entire being, with every fibre in my body, I hate you Stephanie Henderson." She scowls and I smirk.

"No you don't."

"Yes I do."

"Do not."

"Do to."

"Do no-"

We get cut off by the store speakers telling us that the stores closing in ten minutes. "Take this down to the registers and start unloading, I gotta grab one more thing." I say, rolling the cart to Robin and she just looks at me with a scowl and huffs. "I'll be right there, I swear." I say, ruffling her hair and running to the other side of the store.

Where is it? It was right there.

I shuffle through the materials hanging on a rack, looking for the small piece of fabric I caught a glimpse of when I came into the store.

Red. No.
Green. No.
Blue. No.

Black. Yes but wrong one.

There it is!

Black with a white skull and bones.

I grab it off the rack and run back down to the registers to see Robin still unloading.

"What's that?" She asks, looking at the handkerchief in my hand.

"Nothing."

"Since when do you wear bandanas?" She asks, smirking.

She knows.

"I don't, it's for emergencies."

"You want an emergency bandana?" She raises an eyebrow and I huff.

"Shut up and help me with these things before I go find Vickie again." I threaten and she immediately starts putting things on the conveyor. "Yes ma'am." She mumbles.