Chapter 39

Stevie's POV

The amount of creeps that have yelled at me since I started walking through the trailer park is unbelievable. You'd think a crying, angry woman wouldn't be a turn on but the men I've just walked past? Make me want to throw up.

'Aw, whats the matter little lady?'

'Need a real man to wipe those tears, baby?'

'Munson's no good, huh? I can show you what a real man can do.'

And that's just the PG ones.

As angry as I am with Eddie, or as angry as he is with me right now, I know a switch would flip if he heard the things they were saying to me. If he heard people say thing this shit to any female. What kind of man tries to take advantage of a crying girl? Monsters. That's what.

Monsters themselves aren't as scary as some men. I'd read horror stories and watch scary movies before I let someone with a dick take care of me when i'm down.

Other than a choice few.

"Come on, Baby! You're running but I love a good chase. The catch is always sweet-"

"What the fuck did you just say?!"

Well, I could've sworn I told him not to follow me. I turn to look behind me and see that he actually isn't following me, he's stood outside his trailer with a cigarette in hand, glaring and screaming at his neighbours as they shout disgusting pick up lines at me as I'm running towards the exit of the park.

I refrain from running straight back into his arms when I see him looking at me with a small frown on his lips and worry mixed with anger in his eyes.

A part of me knows i'm in the wrong but the stubborn part of me refuses to admit it out loud.

After walking for what feels like forever, I make it to the place I absolutely shouldn't be going and knock on the door, even though I usually wouldn't but with this house, you can never be sure of who's going to be there. The door opens after a minute and I look up at the person infront of me.

"What the fuck did he do?"

"It's not Eddie. Well, not just him, It's my mom mainly." I say softly, pushing past him and looking around. "Parents not in?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"What did your mom do?" He asks, gesturing for me to sit on the couch in the middle of the living room and I collapse onto it and take a deep breath and begin explaining everything. When I'm finished, I look over at him and see him confused.

"You realise he's right, don't you?" He asks me as if I'm stupid and my jaw drops and I shake my head at him.

"Steve, you're supposed to be on my side." I groan and run my hands over my tear stained face.

"I always am but not this time, Stevie. They're both right." Steve says as he rubs my back comfortingly. "Both? My moms overrea-" I begin but he cuts me off with a soft laugh. "You're the one overreacting." He sighs, holding my shoulders and I look up at him with a deadpan look on my face. "She works all the time to keep a roof over your heads, she tries her hardest to make time for you all as a family. Yes, you are the one that takes care of Dustin, I'll admit, but that's what an older sibling does."

"I guess..." I mumble, letting his words sink in and he leans back on the couch, crossing his arms over his chest.

"And Eddie? That boy would cross oceans for you. God, he'd burn this town to the ground if you asked him to."

"I think he'd do that anyway...he hates this place." I giggle and Steve just glares at me.

"Stephanie."