chapter thirteen

Levi's pov

I didn't really know how to feel if I'm being honest. As Kenny walked her down the isle... all I could think was ...

Damn.

Our relationship wasn't one based on love.. or even mutual trust, but it would be a lie if I didn't say she wasn't beautiful in every way. It took everything in me not to meet her half way down the isle, and carry her out of the venue. Nobody should have seen her look so beautiful but me.

The feeling I felt was more than familliar enough for me.

I found myself wondering why that feeling was so strong, that I had done this before.

I went into the bathroom, to calm myself down. Seeing her look so scared should have killed any arousal in me.

Buzzkill? She could never be a buzzkill. I turned on the sink. Splashing the cool water against mY skin did nothing for the shock.

I wanted so badly to cut that dress from her body, watch it hit the floor so I could run my hands all over that gorgeous body.

Once the lights flickered I knew it was gone over. That look.. once full of drive and lust was replaced with fear. I had no idea why she was so afraid of storms, but I knew no matter how badly I wanted to, I would not touch her while she was scared.

"Levi.." her sweet voice called through the door. I hesitated to respond, my body was still calming down from the high, and I didn't want to scare her off by sounding harsh.

"I didn't mean to make you feel that way levi.. i was just apologizing for ruining our moment."

Our moment.

I spent what felt like forever in that bathroom, just collecting ny thoughts.

There was so many things I wanted to say to you right now.m, but I knew you would be afraid if I did.

When did these thoughts start?
I heard her scream, and before I could even stop myself I rushed into the bedroom. That's when the power completley went out, and we were left in the pitch black of the night. From the faint glow of light from the window, and the occasional lightning strike I could see you hiding under the blankets.

"Y/n.." I began hearing her whimper.

"I know I seem childish.. please dont judge me. Just.. come here." Her voice was shaking. My breath was caught in my throat as I obeyed her and slid into bed next to her.
I wasn't even close to ready to bed down yet, but the need to be close to her was overpowering.

It was like she was drawing me to her.

"What should I do now?" I asked as gently as I could, before i could even finish my sentence She threw her arms around me, holding her trembling body close to mine. I didn't move, I'm sure my body tensed against hers, but I couldn't feel anything over the heat from her body.

"Sorry... just... stay right there."

I nodded. But the truth was, the devil himself coukdnt pry me away from you in that moment.
"It's just a storm..." I mumbled as she rested her head against me.

"I've hated storms since highschool... my um... I don't wanna get into it.. I'm sorry." She whispered. I wasn't even hoping to get an answer as to why. I could only assume something happened during a storm that she wasn't ready to visit just yet.

If it had something to do with that fucking dick... or any men at that matter, I would make sure they pay. Each of them.

"Relax.. you dont have to tell me anything just yet." I began as her body slowly stopped trembling. I closed my eyes, trying to keep control and wrapped my arm around her, comforting her. She melted in my arms her breath slowly going back to normal from her hyperventilating.
"Good girl.." I praised, running my hand along her back.