But I didn't notice a single one of those details because I was distracted but sparks that ran up and down my arm which was touching right now. It felt electric, but exciting. Every inch of me yearned to feel this exact same sensation. I've never felt this before. Could this be my mate?

NO HES NOT. Nyx vehemently denied furiously shaking his head.

Are your sure? he feels like it.

Suddenly I stopped feeling sparks. Stopped feeling the electricity that was making my heart go faster, stopped feeling allured by the scent which earlier I wanted to drown myself in. No longer felt the warmth I felt being under him.

SEE HES NOT. WE DONT EVEN FEEL ANYTHING. Nyx said in a small voice as he doubled over in pain. He looked really stressed like he was holding his breath in and exerting himself a lot.

Meanwhile the wolf was exploring every nook and cranny of my frame. He eventually stared at me like he was waiting for me to do something. I don't know what he wanted me to do, so I stared back at him through the cracked pieces of my mask which had shattered due to the force of impact. He then bared his fangs at me clearly upset that I didn't do what he wanted, as he moved into my face inch by inch.

What he didn't know was that I had my fingers wrapped tightly around my dagger. Before he could come any closer I brought the dagger up slashing his face near his left lip, drawing blood.

The wolf howled in pain and buckled back, giving me enough of a window to get up and run but before I could get far the wolf pounced on me again, this time making sure to knock the dagger out of my hand.

How did he rebound so quickly from such a deep slash?

This wolf had to be a warrior and a good one as that because the massive cut on his lip didn't even come close to fazing him. He kept looking at me snarling while drops of his blood fell right on my face.

Nyx cowered in fear and averted his eyes. Whoever this wolf was, Nyx didn't like him very much. But sadly for Nyx this wolf might be the last thing we see before we die at his hands, ripped limb to limb bleeding out pathetically in these words. I wonder if they would even find my body? Rishi would be the first person to find me being the one who is on patrol.

Wait! The necklace. Rishi said it would protect me

Before I could undo the clasp, the wolf dove into the crook of my neck and sunk his fangs in my neck.

FUCK. THAT HURT.

I screamed out loud as I could feel his venom being pumped into my veins as he deepened bite. I arched my back flailing trying to get away. Nyx however was suddenly resigned, lying on his back exposing his neck in submission but still sadness and fear lingered in his eyes.

If I can just undo the clasp.

The wolf allowed me to move my hand as he seems distracted by the biting. He growled possessively as he pressed his weight on me even more. I could feel my blood trickling from my neck into my mouth which tasted like metal but sweeter.

Just a bit more.

I finally reached the neckpiece and undid the clasp in one swift stroke. The spherical neckpiece became undone and revealed its contents.

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH" The wolf yelled in pain as he immediately got off me, and buckled over in pain. His howls were unbearably painful like he was being tortured to no end, like he was the one being pulled apart limb to limb. He started frantically running around confused trying to get rid of the pain.

RUN! Nyx willed my body to get up and make a mad dash for pack house. The wolf couldn't follow me there, the killers will get him before he could lay a finger on me. I didn't turn around to look at the wolf but I heard the loudest most threatening growl blast through the forest sending a chill down my spine.