He watched as she tended to Willow, she constantly whispered soothing words to her and it was clear that the dog was already more comfortable being near her owner. 

"It's not broken, just a bruise."

"She's a strong one, just like her Momma," Mae playfully glared up at Ryan. "Nice try, but sweet talking is not going to get any of you out of this one." 

"I figured that, what's our sentence?"

"I'm still figuring out what to do with the rest but you can bath Willow, Archie and Gus while I start working on the cattle." 

Ryan smirked as he knew he got off easy but he had a feeling, the others were going to suffer. He reached over and kissed her on the cheek. 

xxx

Ryan had just finished giving the dogs their baths when the rest of the cowboys showed up with the cattle. The cowboys were separating the bulls and the cows from each other while Mae and her students  were making sure her supplies were ready. Colby, Jimmy and Avery all helped her to get things ready. She was handing them supplies and telling them where to take them. 

"And this is the lane pulsator iv electronic bull ejaculator for artificial insemination," Mae handed it to Avery, who looked disgusted and confused while she held it. 

"What are you going to do with it?" 

Mae smirked as she answered Avery: "I'm not doing anything with it, one of you are." 

Mae smiled as she walked away to leave the three to argue over who gets to be the unlucky winner. She wanted to call Charlie to be sure that she was okay at the clinic. The two best friends did not see each other that morning because Mae left early to get the truck.

Charlie was already seven months pregnant and Mae did not really want her to be working but she really could use the help and Charlie insisted. 

"Hey, is everything alright at the clinic? Are you okay? How are you feeling?" 

"Everything is fine, the clinic's fine, I'm fine. You worry too much."

"I have reason to worry, you're my best friend and you're carrying my niece."

"I'm fine, your niece is fine. By the way, I saw the note you left me this morning. I love it." 

"Really? So it's settled then?"

"Almost, just one minor change."

"Yeah? What change?"

"Something Lee suggested that day we found out and he texted me baby names." 

"Oh yeah?"

"I want her middle name to be for her father so we'll stick with Lee for that, like you suggested."

"And the first name?"

"Evie, short for Evelyn, named not only after her grandmother but her godmother."

"Are you serious?"

"So Evie Lee Dutton, huh?"

"Yeah, what do you think?"

"I love it, seriously Charlie, it's perfect."

"Remember I'm crashing at Liam's tonight?"

"Yeah yeah, just call me if anything happens."

"I will! Now go back to work and stop bothering me at mine!" 

"Damn, pregnant people are bossy."