Ughh live a little. It was fun. Darius said.

To make matters worse, while the Elder Council was on my side, my mother was not. I can't even blame her, I took her son from her in the most brutal way possible. While I understood her anger I had no sympathy for her because of her negligence of my pain as a child. My brother would constantly beat me up, throw me in the border creek, force me to cross the pack lands into rogue territory and mutilated all my pets. I had a nasty scar that ran diagonally across my nose from the one time him and his friends decided to give me a 'pig nose'. My mother was a witness to all that but forgive it every single time. She's still my mother so I respect her wishes, I allowed her leave the kingdom and go back to her native land. She however betrayed my trust and mustered up an army to try and overthrow me and install my nephew in my place.

That prompted the Wolf war of succession which put many packs in our kingdom against each other. The Moonstone Pack famously sided with my mother, unwilling to forgive regicide.

Thats good, more wolves for us to tear through

I could feel my tongue thirsting to taste blood and my body shook in anticipation of killing someone. Of watching the life escape from their lives. To exert my dominance over them by literally ripping out their throats.

No these are Darius' thoughts not mine. I need to control it.

The line was long eroded kid, I am you.

I dug my fingernails into my hand making them bleed. The pain was bringing me out of the trance that Darius was trying to put me under. Blood dropped from my palms on the ground creating a serpentine stream. It took me back to the day of my mother's execution. Her blood also streamed from her neck as her head was chopped off. Even in her dying moments as she was about to meet her maker she had not one single kind thing to say to me, even a spurious testament of love just to save her life would've sufficed for me but she didn't do that. She smiled as she knelt and looked directly at me with eyes full of hatred and lacking any contrition as the executioners blade struck down on her.

Admit it, it felt good.

....

Watching her die, life draining from her eyes

....

She never did love you anyway. No one did.

....

You don't really need love boy.
....

Trust me Emperors are remembered not lovers.

.....

You need POW-

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD WOLF I COMMAND YOU" I used my Alpha voice to command him to stop. Hoping it would work.

Hahahaha as you say. Darius chuckled before settling down leting me know he was leaving me in peace because he wanted to not because I commanded him.

I need to focus on the task at hand.

This pesky Moonstone Pack were the only ones fighting under the Queen's banner and needed to be brought to heel. Unfortunately they were ferocious and 5 years of vicious fighting hadn't lead to any conclusion.
If things go on like this we might have to sue to peace.

NO. Darius boomed in my head causing me to topple sideways.

You will keep on fighting till they kneel.