30

" WHAT DA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL "

Today, students were spending their hours to set up the festival. The drama club, gardening club, and a few other clubs from the school participated for extra credit points. Since the entirety of the drama club was present, so was our little [Y/N].

   Did he want to be there? No, of course not. But did he have a choice? Absolutely not.

   He noticed that the dumb wolf boy had been avoiding him. The only way he could decipher his emotions were his eyes and ears, and he could see that he was hiding something. It was definitely something embarrassing that he's not comfortable sharing. [Y/N] would ask, but he doesn't want to make the poor boy break under his words more than he already does under his sight.

   After hours of sanding wood for the stage, the human boy begins to sweat under the beaming sun. It's no surprise when the school made him wear some thick ass sweatpants. They must have forgotten humans sweat through their skin, and don't pant like a dog.

   He calls to nearby classmates that he'll return shortly before looking for a source of water. When he finds it, he'll shove water in his face like he's been dehydrated for years. The animals may look at him weird, but it's not his fault he's not fucking sasquatch.

   He sees a water spout and speeds through the dense crowd. Unfortunately, someone got there before him.

   Well, hey howdy hey, it's his favorite wolf!

   He pokes his side before quickly moving to the other, confusing Legoshi as he tries to find out who or what is tickling him. Finally, he spots his friend. His face withholds a mischievous smile before it changes to a heartwarming one.

   "Heya." He had him at hello.

   Stay calm. He's just a friend.

   "Man, it's hot as hell today. It's not just me, right?"

   "Oh, yeah." Legoshi placed his bucket down to talk. "Hey, the gardening club is participating too, right?"

   "Yeah, I know." [Y/N] put his hands on his hips. "I offered her some help, but she obviously denied. Said something about helping my boyfriend out. Like, one, there's way too many people she could be referring to. Two, I'm not interested in anyone quite yet." He lied.

   "Huh. Well, tell her I said hi next time you see her. I haven't talked to her in a minute."

   "Yeah, I will once she doesn't fucking shoo me away. Damn, she's stubborn." His face lit up with an idea.

   "You know, there's a new frozen yogurt place that opened just down the road. If you want, we could take a break and, I don't know... cool off a bit?"

   The wolf thought hard about it. Part of him wanted to get closer to this boy, to find out more about who he is under his cold heart. But the other part wanted him to stay away. Oh, why is this boy causing such a mess in his mind?

   "I want to, but the club is pretty busy with all this work, and I want to get it done as soon as we can. Maybe later, or after we finish for today?" He was not ready for the disappointing look from his friend.

   "Oh. Uh, yeah, that's alright. I'm gonna go get back to work, I'll catch you later."

   It was only a few steps away when he remembered the reason he went to the spout in the first place. Although, he didn't expect the wolf to be staring in his direction looking like a fucking dork.

   Instead of going back and potentially making it awkward, he waved goodbye and continued to get back to work.

   This is how it should be, right?

   Legoshi continued to stare off in his direction, creating enough tension in the air for [Y/N] to feel his eyes on his back.

   This is the right distance between...

   beasts and humans.

read, vote and comment! <3