𝟏𝟓

smile

smile

" Lycaon, what is that supposed to mean? "

"Hey, Mom! Come look!"

The mother of the male leveret looked behind her, seeing that her son was walking into an alley. It wasn't the best time, as it was the night.

"Dorin, wait!" The mother called. Her son was only ten years of age, and with all the murders going around, she obviously didn't want him to get devoured.

So she quickly ran to the alley he had walked into, despite already getting blisters from her sandals. When she found him, he was looking in a box.

"Dorin, sweetie, we have to get back home. It'll start raining-"

A wail of an infant from the box. She gasped, immediately squatting next to her son to look into it, and the infant looked quite... bizarre.

"Mom, do you know what species they are?"

"I'm not sure. They could be a naked mole rat, but those are much smaller as babies. And look," she pointed at the baby's face, which was poking out from a hunter-green blanket.

"They don't have a snout, and the nose looks weird." Her son slapped her shoulder, making her giggle softly.

"Can we take them home?"

"Well... I'm not sure. Your father and your sister did say they wanted more company in the house, as if we didn't have enough." She whispered the last part.

"Pleeaaaase? I promise I'll help him grow up."

"How exactly will you help him grow up?"

The young hare smiled, looking at the baby while imagining the future it could have.

"I could teach them how to fight bad guys! And- and we can be best buddies, too!" His mother stared at him in empathy.

"Alright, fine." She checked under the blanket, checking the genitals for their sex. He was a male.

"You have to feed him, change his diaper, teach him how to speak-"

"Wha- Mom, isn't that your job?" He whined and she laughed, picking the baby up from the box.

"Let's take him home."

   "Extra, extra! Find out the truth about night two of the drama club's performance! It's a special issue, don't miss out!"

   "Who is this wolf? What a freak."

   "Yeah, too bad I couldn't make it the second night." 

   "Well actually, I was there!"

   "Really?!" "You were?"

   "It was so violent! Lots of punching, kicking, and by the end, the wolf took out a machine gun and the human was covered in flames!"

   What a bunch of pretty little liars. The human scoffed. His beautiful face was bruised and scarred, a band-aid across the bridge of his nose and a cotton ball taped above his eyebrow.

   Vulpes and Lycaon were standing on each side of him. The fox on his left, and the painted dog on his right.

   "You made it on the front page, yknow. Must feel good to have that much attention." Vulpes stated sarcastically.

   "It doesn't." The human bluntly responded, staring at the girls from earlier. He didn't catch on fire, no, but his face did feel like it. It was all worth it to the end, because he technically won, even if Louis stopped the brawl before it could get any worse.

   "I think the only attention you get is from the girls and the gays. Unlike that weird ass wolf, they're all fawning over you because they think you're... hot." Lycaon spoke his thoughts.

   "Pft, that's kinda pathetic." Lycaon turned his head to you, quickly.

   "W- why is that pathetic?"

   (Y/N) grabbed a fallen newspaper from the ground, looking at himself.

  "Well, especially after what just happened, I'm too much of a reckless bastard that will shed blood for anything I want. I want a carnivore girlfriend, I'll be clawed at. I want an herbivore boyfriend, I'll have to protect them."

   Lycaon nodded, understanding, even if it seemed a little dramatic.

   "You wanted to be in the drama club, and your face looks like shit." Vulpes mindlessly said.

   "Shut up, damn fox!" The human hooked his arm around the fox's shoulders, putting him in a headlock and ruffling his fur. Lycaon watched them, smiling.

   I must be pathetic then, huh?

I like to think that the mother's voice could be Jessica Caniva, who voiced Inko Midoriya from My Hero Academia (English dub).

   As for the brother, when he's older, I'd probably say Adam McArthur, who has voiced Yuji Itadori from Jujutsu Kaisen (also the English dub) and Marco Diaz from Star vs the Forces of Evil.