Chapter 20 (TW)

Começar do início

I could be free from all this if I was human.

An Idea struck.

__________________________________

Mrs. Kidjo's POV

I was working on a coding simulation for a biological model in my office when I caught the whiff of a familiar but angry scent.

Why is Jai coming here? I gave him an off day for his birthday.

Maybe he didn't like my birthday present to him? I smiled to myself knowing that couldn't be true. Jai practically did a double take when I gifted him that Wolfsbane. I hate to admit it but out of all the interns I have, Jai has been the one I see the most of myself in. He is sharp, clean, precocious and precise in doing his experiments. He makes a lot of mistakes but never repeats them ever. Each mistake is a new one. A great quality for a researcher.

He'll come in the room any minute now

I honestly didn't want to take any interns from high school but the teachers insisted there was one student who could meet my expectations. As fantastical as it sounds it came out to be true. Jai did clear the test I set for him. He scored a 34% and passed with a margin of 1%. I was surprised because the highest I had ever scored someone on this test was 27%. He really was a precocious mind that I was glad to guide.

Here he comes

"DR. KIDJO" he yelled bursting into my room stark naked which caught me off guard. I yelped in surprised and took of my jacket and threw it at him to cover himself up with.

"Jai have you lost your entire mind? What is the meaning of this?" However my anger melted when I met his eyes. They were puffy and red from crying, his face looked sallow like he was at his ropes end.

"Dr....please..." he was sobbing uncontrollably. I got up and hugged him trying to keep him from falling over.

"Please what Child? What happened?"

"I don't want...I have had enough" he cried

"Jai...Jai look at me" I grabbed his chin and forced him to look at me. "What don't you want"

"To be a wolf"

"But why sweetheart?"

"Cause I can never be happy. Ever" he broke into the the most heartwrenching sob that tore through my confidence. If this poor child cried once more I might just cry with him.

"Please...make me some Wolfsnore" he said between Hiccups.

"Baby you don't know what you're talking about" I said as I hugged him closer. Dear Goddess how much hurt must this child be carrying in him to break down like this. To want to kill one's wolf is something unimaginable. Wolves are our partners, best friends. We share the same body, mind, spirit. It's as stupid as saying I want to kill my conscience. It will only leave behind a hollowness that nothing can ever fill. The one who kills their wolf will never know peace.

"He'll never want me....and I don't want anyone else" He spoke one sentence as calmed down a little. Still crying but waning in intensity.

I see so we have a broken heart here. Sadly nothing I can do to fix it for him. It's not the first time it's happening for him and given his age probably not the last time.

"Your mate would want you" I said which only seem to trigger an intense crying episode which included him pulling out his hair and and screaming loudly.

"THIS WAS MY ONLY WAY OUT. YOU DONT UNDERSTAND. MY MATE WILL JUST USE ME AS A SEX OBJECT AND CAST ME ASIDE. I DONT WANT TO BE DISCARDED MISS KIDJO PLEASE. I DONT WANT TO KEEP HAVING PUPS" he thrashed around my room violently and turned over the table. I had never seen him like this. He picked up a scalpel from my table and looked at it intensely, bringing it dangerously close to his neck.