Chapter Twenty

(I may start doing after notes on each chapter to allow readers to gain a summary for each character, and just the chapter in general. Will be updating old chapters where it's there for newer and old readers.)

Your eyes cringed from the immediate exposure to the funky lighting that alit the place, the fact you stood in the dark room for so long didn't exactly help with the bright lighting. You had ended up staying a bit longer after the gator had left to perform too assist the cleaning crew. You were surprised they were willing to clean up after another tantrum previously the room was left in a disarray because of the his consistent out burst.

You came to the conclusion Maiana was behind it and had probably demanded it to be cleaned up. Well that didn't help knowing she put all her trust in you, what if you screw it up? There's a possibility you could be wrong to only have him repeat his behaviour without a lesson. You exhaled in frustration, let's hope you aren't wrong.

You jolt feeling a hand grasp your shoulder "y/n! You are quite jumpy!" The voice practically beamed giving you a short heart attack. "Maiana?!" You look down at the small girl as she chuckles at your puzzlement. You scrunch your brows for a moment before dropping the expression. You couldn't stay mad at her.. you couldn't stay mad at her?

Your face reddened at the thought making it quite obvious to the girl. "Oh? Are you alright?it does seem abit hot in here!" She fanned her self laughing at your red face.
'Right right- it's hot'

"I mean the amount of guests today doesn't help! Let's go out onto the roof for some air!" She gestured to a nearby doorway what you guess led to some sort of stair way.

You both travel towards then up the stair well, feeling the burn in your upper thighs, from each step you take. Leaving you in a sweaty and panting mess, now your face was even redder but actually from the heat.  You body immediately shivers from the exposure of the cold afternoon air, it as if your temperature immediately drops getting in-contact with the chill.

"Ah fresh air!" The woman exclaimed with her arms out expressively as she waves them around, and looking like she is having the time of her life. Whilst you shut the metal door as you pace towards her still panting mentally acknowledging the fact you are unfit compared to the tanned woman. Maybe because she lifts literally tons by the day, and all you have to do is to keep the tempered gator calm otherwise you'll actually lose your arm this time.  You gulp at the thought of actually being classified as handicapped.

Coughing yourself out of your thoughts by the faint taste and smell of sweet smoke. You glance over at the tanned woman who was exhaling the sweet substance into the air.

"I didn't know you smoked?" You pace over towards her, she was in a crouching position beside a small wall. "Well it's a esmoke." She showed you the small mechanical device.

"Still bad for you-"

"Sure. You sound like my parents" she hummed bring the tiny cylinder device to her lips as she inhales a large amount. You watch her puff out another fruity cloud with the slight temptation to want to taste it for yourself.

"Can I-"

"No." She chuckled cutting off your request before it could be brought forward. She glances a way sighing.

"Why do you smoke that instead of a vape?" She shrugged as she leans her head against the red walling that hid the stair well. "Same thing, just not bothered switching to the newer stuff seems stupid. It's only a stress reliever I don't use it often I'm not asking for a death wish now-" a smirk perked up the corners of her lips as she digs one of her hands into her hoodie.

Another shiver runs down your spine as you cuddle your knees close. "Cold?" She asks tilting head slightly expressing a slight concern in her question.

"Y-yeah yknow not use to the weather yet.." you laugh slightly as you shiver. She quirked a brow at you before unzipping her baggy work jacket. She leaned in wrapping it around your figure making you flinch from the sudden closeness. She kept the same e cigarette hanging in her mouth as she did so. Her undershirt consisted of a purple day shift uniform blazer.

The scent of her perfume is more vibrant within the warm coat.

You were surprised at how well it fit you as you patted down the jacket feeling the immediate warmth. "It's one size fits all scenario- it's a way upper management saves on winter attire. Too baggy for me right now while I'm working in that heated environment." She grins at you, and you can't help giving one back.

"Thanks.. you didn't have too"

"It's alright it looks like you were gonna freeze to death if I didn't."

_____________________________

Pacing towards the entrance you huddle the jacket close to you. You decide to rush home to get something to eat, considering you lacked anything in your stomach in the last few hours.
The faint pain returns making you wince from it once again. 'Random..'

"Oi! Armless!" You jolt scrunching your brows at the possible directed insult. But remembering you had no cast it probably wasn't towards you. Kinda not nice either way towards you or-

"Oi! I'm speaking to you." You were twirled around and shaken up by a familiar voice. Nearby children point and gasp at the green alligator while parents struggle to drag them out of the Plex.

"What-!? Ah?" You became stiff he notices it and let's you go muttering an apology. "Where were you?" He questions startling you from his strange change in mood. Bipolar much you quirk a brow "I was in the employee area with Maiana?" That was a half truth and he didn't know which part was true or untrue.

"Plus I'm not on shift so I didn't need to be there when you returned" you shoved your hands in the jackets pockets.

"I thought you would atleast be.." he notices the staff jacket you are wearing and reaches out to grab a hand full of the plastic like fabric. "Where did you get this?" You give him a confused look without answering the question he connects the dots after seeing the embodied name on the upper chest part.

You wiggle out of his hold "okay! I'm gonna go!! I have toletmycatdogfishlizardrabbitout" you wave him good bye before racing through to crowd exiting the Plex altogether wishing to avoid him completely.

Whilst all this is happen he stands still staring blankly at the claw he used to grab that area of the coat. He clenches his claw feeling a sting of an unknown feeling/emotion coarse through him.

Jealousy.

Word count 1171

Notes!

-Maiana proceeded to smoke her e-cigarettes after you left whilst smiling from the pervious interaction with you!
And is look foward in interacting with you again.

-Montgomery was hoping to see you during his last performance but couldn't find you in the crowd.

-He was hoping to see you afterwards thinking you had waited for him.

-When he couldn't find you he began to panic and started rabidly searching for you.

-Montgomerys relationship with the current mechanic is hindering.

-Author is unsure if the notes part was a good idea.