Chapter Ten

(A/N: so I got a damn art exhibition coming up, I usually do these every year. Since I wasn't told this years dates I got a month to complete a piece. Anyways to cut it short I'll be late on updates, I'll show you guys the finished piece of you like? Anyways here's chapter ten)

Stepping into the dusty room, the smell of metallic hits you. With widened eyes lingering on the messy display that was laid before you. Your breath hitched.
Eyes slowly reverting from the blurry view into extreme focus in mere seconds.

The crimson texture was sticky and gooey.
Your body began to violently trembling from the sightful. Stomach stirring in a way, making you wish to puke then and there.

Limbs scattered, ripped skin from bone. Whatever happened here was like a deer being skinned.
Crunching and chewing sounds managed to break through your hearing. As if they were eating a bag of Doritos.

Except the added on liquid what dripped from their mouth with each audible crunch. Their back was completely turned from you. You froze on the spot, petrified.
You were forced to stare and witness each and every moment.

The person in question paused, dropping whatever they were previously eating? Doing? A part of a hand rolled across the stone cold floor.

Your eyes watched as the body piece came to a stop within a puddle of liquid. Time therefore stood still. The once crunching noise going silent.

The persons head snapped at you, revealing piercing red orbs.

You shot up out of bed, hyperventilating from your brains mixed dreams. Sweat dripping down your face, you wiped it away. Falling back onto your pillow with a oof. 'Gross' was the first thing that came to mind.

You were never one for horror movies, so what was up with that? A shiver ran down your spine as repeated the vivid moments in your head.

Shutting your eyes to attempt to go peacefully back to sleep...
A loud beeping destroyed that attempt, crushing whatever hope for a good nights rest.

The alarm clock was set for ten thirty pm, giving you an hour and a half to get ready and get to work.
"Brutal." You scoffed, even knowing you had about six hours of sleep, seemingly wasn't enough.

Sitting up you turned the clock off and proceeded to get ready for your day? No wait night. Heading to the bathroom, you brush your teeth whilst looking into the mirror. Noticing your skin had bags under your eyes. Was that really a six hour nap?

Your gaze averted to the uniform neatly hung behind you, this one was different. It was white rather than the usual purple ones you had for the day shift.

The reason on why they had a different color variants for the night shift uniform, went unanswered. Possibly for the night shifts to be easily seen in the dark?

Who knows? After slipping into the silky white uniform, with the same exact black dress pants. You were ready to go.

Checking the time, it was now 11:10. Wouldn't hurt if you had a little snack.. right?
On your way out you grabbed your (favourite snack) before dashing out the door and swiftly locking it behind you.

Wait how were you supposed to get to work? Wow you didn't really think this one through did you? You scratched your scalp.

"Bike." You fiddled with your keys and unlocked your door, rushing inside to search for your bicycle? The one you got for a birthday gift awhile back and never got around to using it.

After fumbling through your house you find a helmet and your side bag, don't want to forget that now's
. Clicking it on you ran the bike out the house, seeing it was now 11:30. Not before locking it of course, don't want people breaking in now..

Riding off you usher towards the plex, following the familiar bus route you knew of the top of your head.

__________________

"Your late." You were greeted with the last coworker leaving the office for the night, obviously to hand over control of the plex.

"What? That can't be right?" You glanced at the time seeing it was about ten minutes till twelve pm.
You rolled your eyes, they don't finish until another ten minutes.

'Bastard is just sulking.' You huffed internally before forcing an annoyed smile. "I'm sorry about that, maybe you should leave before it turns twelve." They flinched, whilst going completely silent from you practically calling them out.

You titled you head keeping that same annoyed grin as before.

"F-fuck you!" They stuttered unable to form a proper comeback.
"Immature, but I'll take it" you snatched the keys and tablet from their grasp, before walking off.

You could make out a gasp and a few cusses as you left. But you didn't care that much to wonder. You just wanted to get this damn night over with. You headed to the employees lounge to get ready while you still had the time.

Unlocking your locker you hung your bag on the hook and switch your boots for your work boots. Aswell as hanging the random helmet you found in there also.

Crashing and thumps abrupted behind the employee lounges door. Catching your attention, you placed the items aside on a nearby table.

Aren't you supposed to be working alone? You blinked confused. Nobody else has access to this level apart from the employees..

Finding a nearby broom to use a defence weapon.
Carefully moving towards the door cautiously, shakily taking ahold of the cold steel knob.
The crashing and thumping just got louder and louder by the second.

Twisting the knob, you swung the door open. Moving beside the frame, hiding yourself from eye view of the hall way.
With the broom still in your grasp.

Now with the open door I sounded more like foot steps than thumping, the previous crashing hasn't changed.

But as whatever came closer your grip tighten at each step, making your knuckles turn white from the tight grip.

Heart thumping in your chest. Your held your breath, awaiting for whatever to come through that door.

Notes!

-Possible foreshadowing of events can be seen in this chapter!

-You're quite scared after that dream of yours.

-The employee went home frustrated trying to come up for smart comebacks after the fact.