Chapter Seventeen

"Cough cough" a puff of white dust flew into the air to only minutes after fall into the surrounding area. "Sorry!" She squeaked as she panicked searching for a cloth to help clean up the mess. "Here sweets" she took ahold of your cheeks slightly squeezing them as she softly patted the messy substance that she had spilt.

"There!" She let go of you pleased with her work, you were about to touch your face but were stopped by the white chicken. "Nah huh! Go wash your hands I'll clean up!" You blinked for a moment and nodded hesitantly. Reluctantly you went towards the staff sink to wash and dry your hands covered in flour. Your face heated up slowly as you thought back to just mere few seconds ago, most likely out of embarrassment- do all these animatronics treat you like children?

Twisting the knob you shut off the water, your gaze finding the animatronic chicken stacking up the messy dishes you both had accumulated. Was it a great idea to even stack them? "Uh maybe don't stack that too high.." she smiled at you and stopped mid way even knowing it was too high already. Can't complain until you have to do the dishes after all.

"I've put the pizza on! Good work little friend!" She beamed happy with both your accomplishments, even knowing you both just followed the staff training booklet step by step. At least it turned out alright? You took a cloth and began to clean up the flour mess, lending a hand with the cleaning. In the corner of your eye you see the white entertainer jumpy around excitedly as she checks the oven now and again. Apparently there was an automatic pizza maker but due to increase of customers demands it had broke, and you both had to do everything from scratch.

As you were about to wipe the bench the scarlet kitchen doors flew open. "I knew I smelt something- you can't make pizza without." The voice stopped mid sentence it was too familiar to you, it was as if each and every memory was drilled into your head. Your arm felt a slight pain maybe it's from the memory.
You decided not to intervening immediately recognising the agonising voice speaking. You can feel a pair eyes burning into the back of your head.

"Monty!! I brought our little friend! So we could cook together! And and!" She was too excited to even finish her sentence before you were picked up by your under arms. You were showed off to the annoyed gator nearest to the door. You gave an awkward smile as you witness his expression turn into more a scowl. "See! I've got permission!!" Did she really need to pick you up to prove a point? He stepped away from door as he came in to lean against a bench.

He huffed knowing she was in the right rules are rules. "Do you want some?"
"No-" she sighed as she gently placed you down. "I'll go take it out of the oven then.." she pouted as she walked away to grab some oven mitts to prevent her plastic shell from getting any burns. You awkwardly went back to cleaning still feeling his eyes watching your every move. You hear him sigh suddenly as you were about to spray the messy bench area.

"So you are no longer doing day shifts?" You jumped by his attempt at starting a conversation. Gulping back the fear you spoke up "just for now.. until they get new night guards."

"Good because then day shift bastards are on my case 24/7 they are more annoying than you." Was that supposed to be a compliment you gave him a side eye and continued to clean up. The awkward silence returned before the bubbly chicken came rushing in happily. "I found them! Look! They look like Freddy!!" She showed your oven mitts clearly based off the mascot. You chuckled at her enthusiasm about them.

You could hear the gator scoff again but you both ignored his attitude. Why was he even still here? Chica pulled them over her hands as she carefully opened the oven. You followed her over just incase anything were to happen. A blast of hot steam came out from the electric cooker. As she waited for the steam the disperse she eventually took the tray out and placed it on a nearby cooking tray all ready awaiting the pizzas arrival.

You switched off the oven before an eventual fire would start.. "it looks yummy!! Ohhh!! I wanna eat it now!"
"Let it cool down before that can happen- miss clucks." The chicken pouted at his words he grinned amusingly.
" That was kinda mean, but you should wait you don't want to ruin any mechanisms." The chicken gave you a confused look. "I'm not going to eat it in this form?" You placed the cloth on the near by dishes tower

"What does this form mean?" She opened her mouth to speak before her expression change into a more of a worried one. "Watch out!" She yelled as the stack of dishes come tumbling down. You eyes widen as the stack came flying down at you immediately you covered your head on instinct and squeezed your eyes shut with fear over taking your body and mind.

It felt like hours had passed in that short moment. But yet nothing hit you it felt like you were shield from the impact.

"Shit-" a groan snapped you out of your shaken up head space. "Oi, are you alright?" You slowly opened your eyes, slowly moving your gaze upwards to find a the same gator lacking his purplish glasses and sour expression. He had shield you from the fallen dishes that were now scattered around your feet.
"Yea-" you didn't know what to think no you were complete unsure about this. The gator that once took his rage out on you, attacked you and made you handicapped for a limited amount of time..

How are you supposed to feel about it? Thankful? Are both incidents weighable or even?
You just stood stiff in shock questioning everything that has happened up till this moment. Do you have to forgive him? He gave you a concerned look as he backed away from you. This allowed the chicken to swoop in and hug you. Yet again left in the dark with unanswered questions... as you slowly hugged her back ignoring her concerned questions entirely.

'What is going on??'