Chapter Nineteen

"Y/N L/N, I'm here to handle the problem. Thank you for your assistance." You called out as a rush of scruff up employees came hurrying towards you. "Thank god! The handler!" "I think I broke a rib-" afew of them chimed in as they hurried out past you. You could faintly hear Maiana speaking to each one of them behind you. The door slid shut 'wait is that supposed to happen??' You were expecting it to be open the entire time! Why did they shut it?

Turning around you felt around for the door the flickering aiding you in the process. "Hey guys! The door?" You banged on it needlessly awkwardly laughing in the process. "Y/N! I'm sorry but the room has gone on lock down- I can't get in!!"

"What do you mean you can't get in?!" Raising your voice abit with a nervous tone. You began to hyperventilating, you can't be locked in- you're actually gonna die this time, who knew death actually spooked you. This didn't make any sense you are trained to be fearless in this sort of job, actually gators would rip you to shreds! You should fear them! Not whatever walking mechanical thing this is!

"Y/N I swear I'll get you out- I'm so sorry- for me to do that I have to defuse the power of the room!-" she yelled back in a panicked tone before shouting orders at nearby staff. Atleast someone was concerned for your health before death itself- "stay put! Y/N!" She commended probably the last words you'll hear

More thrashing comes out of the flickery lights the state of the room was no surprise to you. With a shaky exhale you slip away from the door, 'what am I supposed to do?' You crouch in a nearby corner away from what you presumed to be the gator. You couldn't look at your phone otherwise it'll give the gator clear view of your location. Another smash makes you jump slightly but backs you to where you were previously. You could try to calm him down... yet you'll doubt your words would defuse the situation...

The stabbing pain in the side of your arm start up again causing you to wince from it. The smashing and thrashing sounds had stopped? You stand up still cowering your head away trying to give yourself a better view.
You hold your breath as you become ice cold with fear 'why did it stop? Where is he??'
Your gaze hesitantly comes in view with a pair of greenish as the flickery as your eyes slowly move up the figure, finding yourself eye to eye with a pair of red glowing eyes.

'Fuck'

The lights shut off with immediately after, the red glow piercing through the dark abyss. Felt like a horror movie playing its self in person. Too unreal you could say-
A tight grasp on your shoulder forces a shiver and hiss out of you, it slowly tighten by the second.
You swore you are about to lose your shoulder.
"Y/n-" you jolted at the sound of your name leaving his voice box.

The door slid open with a loud swoosh revealing light into the darken area. It caught both you and the supposedly gators attention. A bright flash of light enters as its flicked at not of yous. "Y/N!" A feminine voice yelled, the gator retracted his hand as his eyes glared down at the tanned mechanic. "Get away from them-" she hissed at him forcing him to growl back at her. "Don't anger him!" You pleaded pushing yourself infront of the gator.
You couldn't see his shocked expression but the fact he went stiff as you came in to protect him left a note to him.

"Hes calmed down- see? No need to start it back up." She gave you a puzzled look her hair was disheveled and her face was covered in sweat. It was obvious she was in a frenzy about all of it, you were locked in the room with a walking terminator so her reaction was no surprise. Her stance has softened at your attempt of calming her in her anxious state. Her lips parted unsure of what to say, realising you were looking at her in too much detail causes your face to heat back up. 'Fuck' you cussed again 'fuck indeed' you cringed at your self mentally from the added on sentence.

A crowding of employees entered the room surrounding the three of you. "I didn't ask for yous to all to enter-" she reacted at the abundance of people. But before they were able to speak more the gator was grabbed by a larger one of them. Who knew there was someone as big as the gator. The huge employee shoved past you to the alligator himself.

"Hey what are you doing?!" You barked at the bigger guy. "Orders from higher up, to prevent another accident we're resetting his memory." The gator growled at that proposal.
"No let go off him, what will make him made is trying to force him into something he doesn't want to do!" You retorted as the employee glared daggers at you. Montgomery had no words for your sudden stick up for him? Is this good karma for protecting you from those fallen dishes?
Who knows- who cares someone stuck up for him. May or may not have peaked his interest in you-
"I'm not paid enough to care, orders are orders love. Now get a move on lizard boy-"

"Stop! I'm the mechanic I have word in this!" She stopped him from moving the gator anymore. "If y/n sure of his behaviour worsening by interacting with it, I am fully on their side- Nothing happens unless I authorise it-" The employee dropped the gators arm scoffing at the heroism displayed.

"Fine, if he fucks up that's your problem-" he seethed at her as he barges past her, to only be grabbed by him. Her glare pierces into him "Know your place-" she hissed back making him jolt from her menacing look. "Shit-" he tsk as the crowding felt their skins crawl immediately leaving the darkened area.

"Thanks.." you gave her a genuine grin as she turns back to look at yous. "No problem, you're the one with more experience if you say it's safe I won't protest" she gave you a thumbs up. She gave a gator a smile too but he scoffed and looked away, shrugging in response before handing you the flash light.

"I'll put in over time on you pay check, thank you for your assistance." She left the room where it was just you and the gator, you sigh at content with your choice. Hopefully it was the right one..

"Alright.. let's get you on stage bud-" he gave you a toothy grin. "Thanks-" he shuffled awkwardly as you gave him a confused look. "Okay stop looking at me like that and help me out!" He shouted making you chuckle as you assisted him.

Word count 1180