Then his eyes shine, and he rushes to the table and to his seat, excitement clear on his face. 

"You made Katsudon?! It looks just like Kurogiris!" 

Relief suddenly finds itself in Katsuki's chest and he relaxes slightly. He grins smugly and picks up his chopsticks. 

"Don't go drooling now nerd, taste it first." 

Izuku nods and takes a bite, closing his eyes and savoring the taste. Katsuki watches him eat discreetly. A pleasant expression rests itself onto Izuku's face and he relaxes against his chair. 

"It's so good. Now i get why you wanted me to wait." 

Katsuki nods, his mouth full of food. He wants to say something but the annoying hammering in his chest is making it hard to focus. 

 After a couple beats of quiet, just the sound of the two eating, Izuku looks at him. His brows are furrowed in slight concern, and he rests his chopsticks down. 

"You ok? Is something on your mind?" 

Katsuki opens his mouth to say something, but his food goes into the wrong pipe, and he coughs loudly, doubling over. 

Izuku quickly goes over and gets him a glass of water, handing it to him. Katsuki wipes at his watery eyes when the couching fit dies down, face flaming red. 

He chugs some and when he looks back at Izuku, now kneeling right next to him, he seems way to close. 

Green eyes stare into his red ones and his heartbeat speeds up even more. His mouth feels dry even after just drinking that water, but he forces the words out of his throat. 

"Uh yeah im- I'm fine. I was just..." 

Katsuki trails off, his hands tightening around the fabric of his sweatpants. Izuku stays kneeling there in front of him, patient. 

He is silent for a moment before looking away from Izuku's eyes and to the table. Katsuki takes a deep breath, slowly letting it out, and focusing. 

"Izuku. I love you. I love you so much it feels like if you suddenly left i wouldn't be able to live. As fucking sappy it is, I love you so much that i would do anything for you." 

His heart is most definitely going to explode in his chest if he keeps this shit up, though he doesn't stop.

"i want to do everything with you, even the most boring shit, i don't care what it is. I... I want to be with you, more than anything or anyone else in the whole damn world."

"H-how about you? What do you feel about... Me." 

At the end of his sentence, Katsuki falters, trailing off instead. He doesn't look away from the table and the food in front of him, and he can feel the heat coming from his face and neck. 

Izuku is quiet, and Katsuki can't see what face he's making. Fear crawls up Katsuki's spine and he dies inside. 

This was a bad idea. 

A super bad fucking idea 

Why did he have to go and say all that shit?!

Izuku would never believe him if he said it was a joke! 

Fuck, what does he do?! 

He doesn't want to look over at him, so he just sits there, face burning red and fingers digging into his thighs. 

"Katsuki."

He still doesn't look over, eyes focusing hard on the table. He hears Izuku lean closer, shifting toward him.