Smoke

Shit.

I walk in to john bs house.

"Yeah what was that" kei says corresponding with JJ's comment.

"nothing, he was just helping me with groceries and since it was hot out, I asked him if he could drive me to your house " I say turning to John b.

"So there's nothing going on between you too??"
Pope asks while smacking at a fly.

I hesitated.

"No no there's nothing going on"

JJ rolls his eyes.

"Anyway" I say trying to change the conversation.

"What happend today, and what is this compass, bc I almost risked my life today trying to cover your guys asses"

"What" they all say with worried expressions.
———————————————————————-

I finished explaining to them everything that happened. They were all pretty shocked, and felt bad.

"Thankfully peterkin came in a got me out of it" I say with a look of relief.

" But John B" him now looking at me.

" be careful, seriously those guys are scary. They chased me down the streets with a gun today"
"With that thing you aren't safe"
I said point to his pocket.

" yes yes I realize that now I'm gonna be careful but I can't just get rid of it. It was my dads"

" wait so why were you with rafe again?" JJ asks.

I roll my eyes.

" When I was getting groceries, the bag ripped and opened and went all over the sidewalk and luckily rafe  was there at the same time and helped me pick them up. He drove me home and let me drop the stuff off and then dropped me off here at John B's just so I didn't have to walk through the heat." I take a breath.

"I wonder why he would do that" JJ said while blowing out some smoke.

"I don't know but let's just drop it" I say.

' I think that was convincing' I say to myself.

I soon asked them what they did today and they told me that they went to the Redfield lighthouse to check out if there was any clues there left by Big John.

They said they couldn't find anything and got chased out by the police.

Then JJ went on to tell us a big story about how they went to Miss Lana's house, and there was two guys there harassing her and messing her house up.

"Wait wait" I say stopping JJ.

"What did they look like" I ask.

"Uhhhhhh" he paused to think

"Black clothes, one had a beard I'm pretty sure... Burly"

"I think those were the guys that chased me down"

"Seriously" Kiara says.

"Yeah"

"Jesus, why does everyone want this compass anyway" pope says with annoyance.

"I'm not sure but I don't think I want to find out"
Kiara responds.

Agreed.