Part 3; The Ultron Crisis

Começar do início

I sigh as I spot robots flying toward me, "Just my luck" I mumble to myself before taking out my guns again

"Y/N, I swear- where the hell are you?" Nat asked strictly, she was clearly out of breath too. I wanted to reply before I fought against the robots first which made me run out of breath. "I don't know, I got taken and flown away. I'm fine though" I breathed out, kicking the robot's head off who was crawling on the ground, trying to escape from me.
"Hold on, I'm coming to find you," Nat said.
With no robots in sight, I place my guns back in my holster. I limp towards the shade under a tree, leaning against it. They definitely got me good, a few scratches on my arms and I'm pretty sure my face looks like sh-

I look up as I hear footsteps running toward me. I see Nat, looking around in a hurry, but relief flushed over her as she spots me. She runs towards me, "You still holding up?" She asks. I examine her face to her lips, her bottom lip having a cut with dry blood. A certain spot where she got hit earlier is still bleeding too. "Are you?" I question, concerned. She smirks, "Never been better", hearing her breath cut short too. This isn't looking good so far. Everyone is out of breath, and tired of fighting, I can hear it in their voice as they speak over the ear pieces. I have no clue where the others are, although I did see Hulk a few minutes ago when he saved me.

We all trembled as the city started floating and shaking. A part of the city broke loose and flew up in the sky slowly.

I ran with Nat down the broken alleyway, but still no sign of any robots. That's until we heard laser beams, grunting, explosions, and growls from Hulk and Thor's hammer. We came around the corner, seeing everyone at the center of the church. I spot Vision flying up to the sky, fighting Ultron one- on-one. Nat and I joined the rest, fighting with them.

A few moments later, our attacks got sloppy. A few people were stuck under the rubbish and broken down houses that caught our attention while we were fighting. "There are still people here," I announce, us all forming a circle. "The ships are full, we can't carry more people!" Steve replied.

"You sure about that, Cap?" No other than Nick Fury spoke through the earpieces. In the distance, we could hear the helicarrier arriving. "Someone make sure the city's clear!" Steve commands. I volunteered to get the people stuck out of this hazard zone, taking them to the extra flying ships Fury brought. Agents were standing outside the helicarrier, loading up people to safety, me dropping off more of them. Of course, Tony went with me to cover for me.

Everyone came running towards us as Tony and I ran back to them. I frown once I notice Wanda and Vision missing.

I ask breathlessly, "Where's Wanda?" Thor pants, "She's the only one who can keep this city up, she stayed behind"
Not sure what that means, Tony said he should help her and flew under the city to keep it up as Wanda stays on the surface and keep it up from here. We were helping the last civilians on board before robots came out of nowhere.

That's when my stomach dropped.

I watch shakily, tears unconsciously rolling out my eyes. My throat went numb. My ears deafens after hearing the last words of my friend, Pietro. "You didn't see that coming"
Mouth hanging open I watch him fall onto the ground, Clint and a small child behind him. Pietro saved them. There's bullet holes everywhere on his body. With no time to sorrow, Steve picked him up and took him into the ship. I got my senses back once a red mist came flying in the sky, almost like Wanda's powers. That's when I heard her scream. She knows her brother died.

Still in shock, I feel someone tug my wrist. "Y/N, we need to go" Nat said sternly, spinning me around to face her. I frown, ripping my arm away from her. "Wanda's still out there!" I exclaim. Nat took my wrist once again.
"Vision's out there too, he'll get her," She said. Hesitantly, I follow Nat inside the carrier, meeting the Shield agents inside and Nick Fury, Maria standing beside him.

Maria attacked me with a hug before I could even greet the commander, Nick Fury. After exchanging greetings, I notice Nat wasn't standing behind me. That's when I found her standing at the deck of the hellicarier, her arms folded. Slowly, I stroll towards her and place my hands on the railing once I got there. In silence, we watch as the city goes down where it belongs as the hellicarier drifts in the air.

"Your first win, Y/N" Nat spoke, "You did it"

Gripping the railing tightly, I take a deep breath in. Is it a win though? Pietro died. Heat spread across my cheeks at her compliment, but I had to correct her. "We did it" I correct, sighing in relief.

The city moves down to the ground again, guessing Wanda's breakdown wiped out all the robots and caused the city to stop floating. Tony helped, of course, and he carried the city down back onto the ground before flying away.
I look up, seeing Wanda in Vision's arms flying in the sky towards the carrier.

We did it. We defeated Ultron.

Word count: 2588