Undercover

Never in his life would he have thought about suspecting the love of his life to be his enemy, the one man he truly loved turned out to be an entirely different person than who he had thought. For god sake he even gave him his real name.

Walking into the office nothing he ever thought possible had happened, his closest colleague Samuel had led him to the evidence room. Sat him down. And showed him many photos of himself? Someone had been trailing him. A gut instinct was present as he walked home that day, he continuously glanced over his shoulder with hope that he would prove his suspicions wrong. He wanted so bad to believe it wasn't Mickey but the fact that the photo was taken from inside their apartment sent a shiver down his spine.

Walking through the door his husband wasn't home as far as he could gather. He took the opportunity to search his draws, personal items anything he could in order to prove it was or wasn't him. Nothing.

"What are you doing Ian"
Mickey said in a cold tone from the doorway behind him
Ian flinched reaching for his gun at his waistband aiming it in the direction of his husband. He wondered why he was acting this way, of course it wasn't Mickey. That was until he saw the pistol aimed between his eyes.

"I knew it"
Mickey scoffed as the corner of his mouth rose in disbelieving smile
"You're with them?"
Ian said in shock grasping the entirety of the situation displayed in front of him, he knew neither of them could shoot one another so why was his heart in his throat? Why did he view this person before him as a sudden stranger? Why was he letting him hold a gun to his head?

With the last thought overpowering the remainders he pushed the gun away, pushing Mickey backwards before a fist collided with throat leaving him winded and in pain. The job had taught him to deal with these moments, but now he wasn't so sure of himself as the look in his husband's eyes became enraged.

The intensity of the moment led them both in a spiral of violence, both blinded by their own inner betrayal. Their addicting destruction followed through their apartment they worked so hard to create together, their perfectly painted walls soon dusted with traces of blood combined with many holes shaped round their fists or heads. His vision soon blurred in the overwhelming atmosphere, the metallic cold brushing his finger tips, before another thought could pass a gunshot echoed throughout the air. The dull feeling in his chest as silence rung in his head, dizziness and nausea seeping from his heart. Did he just kill the love of his life.

The door slammed behind him, his vision returned. If he didn't see himself do it, did he? He couldn't have
Recalling of one's actions had never been so difficult, derealisation leaving him spiralling into his car a mess.
"What did I just do"

"I don't know, why don't you tell me Ian. You'd really shoot your own husband?"

—————————————————

Really short I know sorry 😭