Chapter 8: Prefect Timing

"That'll be $5

"That'll be $5.76 miss" the clerk at the convenient store mumbled while stuffing a few snacks Midoryia and Y/n picked out into a plastic bag. Smiling she handed the cashier money and reached out for the bag from him.

"Thank you!" She said with a smile, the cashier rolled his eyes and lazily handed her the bag. Y/n sighed and shrugged it off, digging her hands into the bag while walking out, the air was crisp and warm. She took a deep breath and handed the bag to Midoryia.

"Here eat your snacks, I might save mine for when I get home" Y/n said, cracking her knuckles and running a hand through her hair. Midoryia nodded, reaching into the bag and grabbing a bag of chips. He begin to eat them slowly, the only sound around them being cars and Midoryia crunching.

"Hey... you okay?" Y/n asked while stretching her arms out, watching Midoryia stare at the floor intensely he takes a deep breath. His jaw moving a bit as he chewed.

"I have a question. And I need you to be honest with me" Midoryia whispered, feeling her stomach drop, she nodded her head and leaned on a lamp post. Her eyes watching as cars passed by them.

"What's up?" She asked while grabbing a cranberry grape juice box from the plastic bag. Midoryia squeezed the chip bag, watching his shoulders tense up, Y/n couldn't help but grow more concerned.

"D- do you really think I can be a hero one day?" Y/n stared at him, drinking from the juice box quickly. She didn't notice it was empty, the sound of the empty juice box caught Midoryias attention. Knowing Y/n was in deep thought, he grabbed the juice box from her and put it inside the bag.

"Izuku Midoryia, I know damn well you are not doubting yourself." He turned to her, his eyes wide. His hand clenched around the juice box, Y/n's stare making him take a step back.

"No!! No no no!! I'm just, trying to think realistically. Kacc-" Y/n rolled her eyes and reached her hand into Midoryias chip bag, she shoved a handful of chips into Midoryia's mouth,
Preventing him from talking.

"AYE! Who cares what Bakugo says! I know  you can do it" Y/n spat, she noticed the look in midoryias eyes, she took a deep breath and shook her head.

"Listen to me Izuku, I believe in you. I always have, I know one day we are gonna be side by side as pro heroes. So ignore what Bakugo said to you, he's an idiot"

Trying to swallow all the chips in his mouth he nodded his head. Laughing Y/n ruffled midoryias hair, as they begin there walk towards the city, Y/n's phone started ringing. She pulled her phone out of her backpack and stared at the caller ID.

"Oh! It's my aunt! She might want me to meet her at the shop!!!!! Hey I'll catch up with you later, okay!?" Y/n shouted, her feet moving quickly. Answering the phone, Y/n smiled brightly.

"Hey auntie!! What's up?" The sound of a car being turned off and keys jingling stopped Y/n in her tracks. Sanji was probably home already, all Y/n needed to do was run home.