STRAWBERRY CAKE

I awoke with the first light of the morning. I was in a strange state of that day. There was an unexplainable sadness and happiness in me...

I was feeling pretty good. I got out of bed and walked to the window with my bare feet. I opened my wood-framed window and looked up at the sky. I took a deep breath that went deep into my lungs.

The smell of bread was emanating from the oven next to us. The sun was spreading its light generously everywhere. For a while, I watched people coming to the bakery to buy bread. I told you, there was a strange joy inside me. It's time to take a shower and go to work.

Just as I was closing the window, something strange caught my attention in the park just across from our house. I noticed a woman standing in front of my window, not moving. The strangest thing was its appearance. What was even more strange was that no one noticed this woman in her clothes that were not appropriate for the present day. Honestly, the fact that her old, rather worn, faded brown dress, almost like a rag, was covered in mud and tears on her skirts reaching to the floor, frankly hurt me.

The fact that the woman was quite old was evident from the bent waist and the coarse cane she could barely hold with both hands. As I looked at her, I began to feel a chill inside me.

He had his face locked in my window, just watching me. It didn't catch my attention before, but as I looked, I realized that it was an abnormal situation. I ran downstairs just to be sure. I wanted to go and talk to him. When I went out to the street, I saw that there was no one there. I looked around for a while but couldn't find the woman.

When I go back to my room and look out the window again, it can't be!! The old woman was still looking at me in the same spot. She resembled a stone statue. I'm starting to be afraid now. I closed my window and quickly drew the curtain. When I started to peek through the curtain, he continued to stare as if he knew I was still there. I immediately fell to the ground in fear. Bending down and crouching, I grabbed my phone on the nightstand next to me and turned on its camera. As I slowly got up halfway, I saw that the woman was not there. It had suddenly disappeared.

How could she appear so quickly and disappear in a matter of seconds, even when she was such an old woman?

I was surprised. At that time, I was the first with my mother's voice:
"Did you wake up? What are you doing? There?"
I just told my mother about the incident. My mother didn't take it very seriously. On the contrary, she laughed. She glossed over saying she was one of the aunts in the neighborhood. When I insist,
"Okey, I check her!" she said.

My mom touched to the window and she pulled the curtain:
­­"Where?"

"She was there mom."
The woman lost suddenly, how could such thing be?

"Let's my daughter! Let's! Come for breakfast, maybe you see like that. Maybe she is a familiar."

Yes, maybe my mom was right.

I went down the creaking wooden stairs of our old house. I went to the kitchen and sat at the table. While I was sipping my tea, my mother was breaking eggs.

My mother was always very fond of me, did whatever I wanted and never spared her attention. In fact, was my mother's love for me sometimes the main reason for my sisters' attitude towards me? I couldn't help but think.

Although my mother was in her fifties, she was a naive nice lady. She was a plump, white-skinned, round-faced woman of medium height, polite.

She had big brown eyes and long black hair that always kept her hair in a bun.

She was a true lady, who always took great care of herself and dressed according to the Istanbul style of the 60s. My mother, who was completely devoted to us, kept her manners and tried to remain calm even when she was at her most angry. She used to talk very slowly and very gently. I always admired.