chapter one hundred and seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Is it easy to make him blush?"

Renjun nods. "It's fairly easy. I just can't believe I almost missed out on this. I hate how we used to be before and I'm so glad we're together now. He means everything to me and I want him to know that."

"I'm sure you're doing a great job. Winwin is already happy that you two are dating and you love him. You don't have to try too hard or beat yourself over the past or even what you think you're not doing now. You show Winwin you love him everytime you're with him. Your face shows how much you love him. He knows."

"You're right. He wouldn't date me if he didn't believe me."

"I don't think anyone would if they didn't believe your feelings for them. Sounds like they're setting themselves up for failure."

"Tell that to some fictional characters."

"They have issues", Sungchan mumbles, sleepily.

"Do you wanna take a nap?"

"I'm just resting."

And trying to control my heart around you

Doyoung is about to leave the restaurant when he catches sight of someone sitting in the dimly lit dining room.

"Ana? What are you doing?"

The girl looks up. "Oh, sorry, I was just trying to get this assignment done."

"Working here isn't getting in the way of your assignments, is it?"

She shakes her head. "Oh, no. Plus, I need this job."

"Can I ask you a personal question?"

"Sure."

"Do you have anyone to...help you out? Like financially? You never mention your parents."

"That's because I don't know them. They abandoned me. I'm in college on a scholarship and being as I can barely afford my apartment, I can't afford to lose that too."

"How long have you been on your own?"

Ana shrugs. "About three years. They left when I was sixteen. I had friends and their parents help me out but there's only so much they can do and I have to take care of myself."

"That's really fucked up of your parents."

"It is but there's nothing I can do about it. They didn't wanna be there so they just left."

"I'm sorry. Really." Ana nods. "I can already imagine your answer but I'm gonna ask anyways, will you let me help you?"

"What?"

"I wanna help you and make things easier for you."

"How, exactly?"

"One, whenever you need to eat, you can eat here, okay? I don't want you starving and if you crave a slice of cheesecake on a Saturday morning for breakfast, that's fine."

The girl laughs. "I probably won't but thank you."

"Second of all, if you need a little extra money for rent, you can have it. You're a hard worker and you deserve it. I want you to have a roof over your head and food to eat. Thirdly, if you need help with your assignments, please ask. I might not always be able to help you personally but I have like ten friends so they can help you."

"Thank you. I really appreciate it."

Doyoung nods and then points to her textbook and papers.  "Do you need help right now?"

"Yeah, actually, if you don't mind."

"It's not a problem."

Doyoung sits down next to her and looks at what she's doing. A sense of familiarity takes over him as he recalls learning the same thing. He begins to explain and Ana takes down notes, listening attentively. With Doyoungs help, Ana is able to finish the assignment much faster than she would've on her own. Once she packs up her things, she meets Doyoung by the door and steps out so he can lock up.