EIGHTEEN

" You wanna talk bout it?" Keyon asked as I strapped my seatbelt

" You wanna talk bout it?" Keyon asked as I strapped my seatbelt. We had just got back into the car after my appointment and at the moment I was completely distraught.

I had many questions because that encounter was weird. How did she find me? How did she even know it was me? Should I have been open with her? I didn't know what to say or how to react to the situation.

" I'm just confused. How did she know it was me? I only seen her like 4 times out of my whole life and that's when I was under 10. My mama was weird, she stopped taking me around them when I turned 10." I began to say, feeling the car move as he pulled off from in front of the doctors office.

" It's like after I turned 10 she just cut me off from the world, more than she already did of course. I don't know what to say. I'm just really confused."

" Then she talm bout my mama told them I was missing. Like why is she lying and why are they believing her. Rosalee is a liar and they know that" I spoke leaning my head against the car window.

" G, yo mama a fucking weirdo. She a bird brain on foe nem" Keyon responded shaking his head.

" That's why I don't understand how they could believe anything she say. She so fucking evil." I agreed with him, thinking back to the situation.

" Do you think it's safe for me to meet with her? She say she got some stuff to tell me."

He shook his head, disagreeing with me. " Naw that shit dont sound safe. Youn know her and she just popped up outta no where."

" What if you come with me? I wanna know what she got to say" I spoke looking in his direction for a bit of reassurance.

" I'll come with you shorty but ion trust that shit" Keyon muttered pulling into the Chik Fil A drive thru.

" I think her intentions might be pure" I added watching as he shook his head.

" But youn know her though. She can do anything to you shorty. She could be lying and you wouldn't know cause you at a vulnerable state. You want answers for a lot of shit so you willing to talk to whoever."

" That can backfire on you in a negative way but if you wanna talk to her, I'll go with you." Keyon added before rolling his window down as the worker approached it.

" Hi, welcome to Chik Fil A. How may I help you?"

Keyon then began to order food for the both us to eat for lunch. I leaned back in my seat and began to think about everything that had recently occurred.

" What you thinking bout shorty?" Keyon questioned grabbing my face.

" A lot. I don't wanna stress myself out though. It's so much going on and I just wanna be at peace. I thought I was finally there but I just don't know anymore" I admitted, my brown orbs staring into his.