❤️ TWELVE ❤️

ANDREW

Andrew was frantically looking for Qitian in the whole country. He used every single connection he had to find out where the younger man went. But to no avail. He stayed up at night to finish work. And in the day if anyone got any lead he would desperately run there to look for the man he fell for.

But still. It wasn't enough.

He was already disappointed thinking he has lost the man. He wasn't willing to give up, but he didn't see any hope either.

He went back to his apartment exhausted from running around all day and sat down heavily on the sofa sighing from frustration.

"If you keep sighing continuously like that, you just might lose your breath, you know!"

A female voice reverberated from the balcony beside the living room.

Then Athena entered the dark living room. Turning on the lights she stood in front of her brother.

"Don't you check your apartment for potential danger? You might just get killed one day and you wouldn't know!"

"I'm exhausted Athena. If you have anything to say to me just say it."

Athena finally lets out a sigh. Looking at her brother she could feel that Andrew was deep in it.

"I know how you feel. But would you listen to me and take care of yourself?"

Andrew half-heartedly nods.

"I can help you find him, Andy. You're not alone."

Andrew shakes his head. "I don't know Athena. I used all my connections. It's like he just vanished."

His face showed a sadness unfathomable to Athena. Well she has never seen Andrew this sad and down.

"Andy. I did something behind your back and I found something about Qitian."

Andrew enthusiastically looks up to his elder sister. As if she was his lifeline.

"I found Qitian's departure details from LAX."

"He left Santa Monica?"

"He left the country."

Andrew finally was devastated. He didn't know what he can do with the fact that Qitian has already left the country. And it has been nearly two months. How can he find Qitian now?

"His flight was to Beijing." Athena finally concluded. "And I have got dad to agree to let you go to Beijing for the advert project."

Andrew looked at his sister. She was doing everything to help him. And he was thankful for it.

"So get ready. You're going to find him."

Andrew nods. He's been frustrated for so long without any lead these days. So when Athena gave him this ray of hope he didn't know how to thank her except nodding and following her lead. At least he can go try his best.

And thus a week later Andrew Tesla left for Beijing from LAX at the break of dawn of a Sunday. The next day he had a meeting with an advertising company that would advertise Tesla telecommunications' new connections in the country. Andrew spent a whole of five hours to prepare everything he can to make this project a success. Even though he wanted to find Qitian, he couldn't disappoint his father with work.

Xingjian, an advertising company that works for all sorts of celebrity endorsements arranged a meeting in a high-end restaurant private room. Andrew had his guide in China to drive him to the restaurant.

The guide's name was Steve Fan. He's a good English speaker and an efficient person.

They reached the restaurant's parking lot fifteen minutes before the assigned time. Andrew stayed seated in the car for a few moments to compose himself and calm himself down. As Steve looked at him through the rareview mirror.