Sometimes We Win, Sometimes We Lose ↭ Wanda Maximoff

The worst was the first five days, there was hope, but soon it was gone. The sixth day came, and you built up courage and promised not to look for her again. So you returned her clothes, and you begged that shot of tequila not to make you call her. And even though you may have burned all the things you wrote next to her, nothing helped you forget her.

Six months pass that feel more like six lifetimes, and even though there are a thousand arrows you would like to use, it would take an expert in anatomy to hit an absent heart. To forget, there are no shortcuts. Her name made your voice crack, but time took care of putting together the pieces of a broken love.

You needed many sleepless nights, the kind that, when they are painful, only make you stronger. Luck doesn't teach you to love and forget. Because if love is a game without rules, and if it happens like in war, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

"I swear, you look like a psychopath when you get thoughtful like that." Tony said catching your attention. "What's wrong sis?"

"I hate you, you know that?" you said, getting a laugh from your brother. "I'm just thinking.

Tony looked where your gaze was and sat down across from you. He sighed and slung his arm over your shoulder and hugged you from the side. Wanda and Vision dancing, that's what was making you think.

" You can' t forget it?" He asked, whispering to you.

"I'm just happy for her."

"You know, there's another redhead who would love to take you out dancing."

You looked at the man, arching an eyebrow, and he motioned behind you. Natasha looked at you from afar, until she gave a smile, realizing she was caught and looked away. You laughed and looked at Tony, who planted a kiss on your forehead.

There was no denying that Natasha flirted shamelessly with you after your breakup with Wanda. She helped you through all those nights when you took your frustration of a broken heart out on the bottle.

"In love, sometimes you lose, and sometimes you win." He said walking away.

Deciding to get over it, you got up from your chair and headed toward where Natasha was standing. However, other eyes appeared in front of you. Wanda had a shy smile on her lips.

"One last dance?" She pleaded.

As much as your heart was racing, you knew it was not for the same reason as before. You were in a little panic. You didn't reject the dance, nor could you, it was her wedding.

The dance was not uncomfortable, you could see some glances about you, maybe from your best friends and your brother. Meanwhile, Wanda was staring at you.

"Thank you for coming."

"No need to thank me, we are friends before anything else."

It wasn't what Wanda wanted to hear, but it was what you needed to say. That sentence was the last thing she said to you before she left with Vision.

"I want you to be happy." You confessed. "Even if it's not with me." Looking over Wanda's shoulder, you saw Natasha, "And I want to be able to be happy without you too."

One last time, you kissed Wanda's forehead lingeringly. Feeling a weight leave your shoulders, a relief free your heart. You moved away from her and made your way to Natasha.

After a year, you see that the feeling is still alive. Because no one died while trying to forget and although the love left a flame burning, you were one kiss away from being able to blow it out.