In a Coma↭ Carol Danvers

They used to say that no relationship is born of flowers, but yours and Carol's did. You met in your florist store, while she was buying an arrangement for her best friend. It was all very natural, you flirted non-stop for 30 minutes until she left the store. She returned a few more times, until she finally asked you out.

It didn't take many dates for her to ask you to be her girlfriend, it all happened quickly but naturally. You met Maria and Monica, and soon became friends with them. They welcomed you as a long-time acquaintance, and Carol couldn't be happier about it.

Well, that's what you thought.

In the first year, everything seemed like flowers, Carol woke you up with kisses, you made her breakfast while she got ready for work. When evening came, she would pick you up, always handing you a red rose, even though you owned the flower shop.

The second year you got engaged, it was during a dinner party that you found out that Carol was going to be promoted at work. That night, she promised that even though the work would take a lot out of her, she would continue to be there for you and take care of you.

It didn't take long after the engagement and her promotion for you to notice some changes. She stopped picking you up from work. She started to miss dinners. Sometimes she would leave before you were even awake and come back when you were already asleep. She seemed distracted, and even though it was her personality, she became more sarcastic. Sometimes it even made you angry, but you loved her too much and knew how hard her job was.

You had never fought, until one night she arrived with a very strong smell of perfume. A perfume that wasn't hers. Not only the perfume bothered you, but a lipstick stain on her neck. That night you slept crying and Carol slept on the couch. Suspicion was never a part of you, you weren't jealous, but Carol began to act weird. She talked on the phone secretly, giggled to herself into the phone, and when you approached she put it away.

Everything got worse, when you picked up a nude, that wasn't yours, on her phone. You felt disappointed, devastated. The same day, when you questioned her, she felt trapped and assumed her mistake. She cried in your arms as she apologized, but said nothing happened, it was just a nude. That day, you forgave her.

To your misfortune, it wasn't the first time. There were more signs, which you tried to ignore, but Maria, Carol's best friend, made you open your eyes and talk to her. You decided to ignore it and surprise her at work. A very bad idea. There you found a brunette woman leaning over Carol in an intimate way, while Carol seemed to enjoy it.

When you saw it, your stomach flipped, you felt sick. Your heart seemed to clench in your chest and break into a thousand pieces. Your eyes filled with tears and when Carol looked at you, you let them fall. You took off your wedding ring and left it on the desk, then left.

You went straight home, packed a bag with Carol's things that were in your house, and left it in the living room. Your crying didn't stop for a second, Carol had promised you, the only thing you had asked for.

She arrived at your house a few hours later, she entered with her own key and stopped in the living room when she saw the suitcase. You were sitting at the dining table, with a glass of wine in front of you and two empty bottles. She approached you silently.

"Y/N..." Carol said in a low tone.

You raised your hand, cutting her off, avoiding looking at her.

"I don't have the strength to forgive you anymore, I swear I've tried, but there's no heart that can stand to have the whole truth." You said, feeling your heart tighten in your chest and more tears come. "There's no use hiding your mistake under the mattress, and I don't want to act anymore, I don't want to improvise. It's time for you to tell me the truth."

"It happened once, I swear, it won't happen again." Carol said approaching, you could swear her voice was failing. "We're going to get married soon, we're going to fight for it.

You stood up, walking away, Carol made mention of following you, but you held up your hand, so she wouldn't.

"I'm already tired of living the same story, same plot." You said, turning to her the first time. "It's too late, I love you and even if I want to heal, I know there's no remedy." You let out a dull laugh, took a deep breath and wiped the tears from your face. "We are used to a coma love, but a sign of life, without strength, is not enough." Carol seemed to want to interrupt you, but you didn't let her, "Don't try to fix what doesn't work anymore, this love will be better to put a period than leave it in a coma."

"Please, I really am sorry, I can change... I made a mistake, but I can change." Carol overstepped your bounds and approached you. "Please, I promise."

"I really wanted you to be sorry, but your broken promises prove otherwise." You said, looking into her eyes, searching for any sign of truth. "No amnesia can make me forget, and no words can help me forgive you."

Carol tried to hug you, but you pulled away, you didn't want her to try to do that again.

"I am grateful for the good times, but I don't want any more. Get your things and leave." You said, turning around with your back to her.