There's Nothing Left to Say↭ Carol Danvers

Maria tried to calm you down, but you were in a pit of anger. Carol had come back to America and had sent her friend to try to help you accept her back. Carol had left you, so that she could spend some time in the European Air Force bases, to be more specific, in Spain.

She didn't actually break up with you, she just left a note for Maria and left. It was ridiculous that she thought she could come back after a whole year without even giving you a single word. And again, she had sent you messages through Maria so that she could reach you.

You had just finished your shift at the air base, when you noticed that next to your car, there was a blonde standing in the doorway. Closing your eyes, you took a deep breath before approaching her. She was holding a bouquet of roses in her hand, and she cracked a smile that you loved to hate.

"Hi Y/N."

"Hi, move away from my car, please." You said snidely, causing Carol to frown.

"Wow, is that how you treat me?" She tried to joke, but realizing you didn't react, she spoke more seriously. "We need to talk."

"About what?" you said, putting your hands on her waist and looking at her seriously.

"About us."

"There's nothing else to talk about, no topic comes up anymore." You said, looking at her. "And as painful as it is, that is the truth."

"It's not exactly like that, we need to clear things up."

"Let me clear some things up for you, Carol." You moved closer and placed your finger on her chest. "You wanted to leave, and I was the one who stayed. You completely destroyed me, but I've gotten used to never running after the parts I lost." You swallowed the lump in your throat and continued. "Remember that it was you who decided, to put your life on that plane. Because while you were flying around the world ten times, I was wasting every second, turning over in bed a thousand times without sleeping. While you were partying in Barcelona, pretending to be someone else. I have many witnesses. You turned me into your enemy."

"Don't say that, it was a small mistake I made." She said, trying to hold your hand, but you quickly let go. "You've changed."

"I haven't changed, I just learned to live without you. I am the same as you left, on a January day, and even though you know I love you. I don't want you to tell me you were wrong" You said running a hand through your hair. "Tell me why now, out of the blue, you come to me?"

Carol sighed, leaning back in your car. She seemed to have an empty look in her eyes.

"I thought about you every day, and I thought I could come back and change things." She confessed, looking at you again. "Please, let's talk, I promise to change."

"There's nothing more to talk about." You turned the car around, heading for the driver's door. "It doesn't make sense for you to promise me things I know you won't keep."

Carol quickly walked up to you, stopping you from opening the door, you looked at her with a deadly serious look on your face.

"Please, let's try again."

"Carol, tell me something. If nobody forced you to do anything, why do you come back now, sure that it is still open?" You felt your eyes burn, you could have sworn you were going to cry. "The stories I heard from Barcelona... If there are so many fish in the sea, why, today, do you come back wanting something with me?" Carol looked surprised and opened her mouth to try to speak. "I have learned and already agreed not to stay with you."

You opened the door, your eyes filled with tears, but you looked away from Carol.

"You're not going to see me cry anymore, like you did the last time I saw you, and no matter how much you insist. We have nothing more to talk about."