Idiot ↭ Wanda Maximoff

The clock on the wall indicated 3 in the morning. Insomnia was attacking you again. Not a single night had you been able to sleep since Wanda had left. The memories made you vulnerable in the early morning hours. You felt more exposed. Part of you fought it off, you fought not to think about her, but another part insisted on remembering her green eyes reflected in the morning sun.

Giving up on trying to sleep again, you sat up in bed and picked up your phone. You put on a random playlist and the irony of life hit you in the face. The song you dedicated to her the first time you met.

You remembered your last meeting, the way she looked at you, your last dance. She listened to it all in silence, not daring to say anything to you. She couldn't, because she was already busy with someone else. The last dance was just a goodbye.

"I will never forget you, it would be no use me trying." You whispered in her ear as you danced. "A love like that will never happen again, and it only comes around once." You saw her skin shiver, but she said nothing. "And the memory of you is killing me, and that although a love like that will not appear again like an idiot, I keep searching."

Natasha told you to stay away from Wanda, that fighting for her while she was with Vision would not be a good idea. She told you to be patient, because in your absence, Wanda would realize that she loved you. But Natasha didn't understand the consequences of this game. Wanda never came to you, not during any meeting. You tried to talk to her once, but she, like the last few times, ignored you.

"Wands, look at me." You asked, and she just stopped in the hallway. "I know it's my fault for saying goodbye.'' You swallowed the lump in your throat and continued. You swallowed the lump in your throat and continued. "Forgive me, tell me you can forgive me, and that I don't have to ask you for forgiveness every time." She turned her face to look over her shoulder at you. "Tell me you still feel something, even if it's a lie, turn around, look at me."

Maybe it wasn't completely your fault. Maybe you weren't meant for each other. Maybe your love was just a trial run.

Your phone began to ring, snapping you out of your thoughts. It was a different dialing prefix. Who would disturb you at 3 in the morning? When you answered, the voice of an acquaintance caught your attention.

"Hello Agent Y/L/N, this is Agent Jimmy Woo." The man said as soon as you answered. " We have a situation."

"Hello, Agent Woo." You replied. "Please proceed."

"A team acquaintance of yours, Wanda Maximoff." When the man said her name, your heart tightened in your chest. "She kidnapped an entire city. Since you are one of the few ones who know her well, we need your help in the negotiations."

⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-⤈-

"Ma'am, you will have to wait for her to receive our message." An agent told you, receiving a disdainful look from you. "Sorry, ma'am, but those are orders from the superior."

You approached the agent, pulled the tag with the agent's name from his shirt, you read it out loud and looked into the man's eyes.

" Well, tell your superior that I am here for Wanda, not to carry out orders from a man who is not even here."

Having said that, you made your way to the hex. When you crossed over, it didn't take long to see what was happening. She tried to manipulate your head, but she couldn't use her powers on someone like you. You made your way to her house, which they had informed you about. As you approached, you saw her on her back. Your heart soared at the sight of how beautiful she looked, even after so long.

"Wanda."

You called out to her, causing her to freeze in place. Vision who was standing next to her asked who you were, since he was looking at you, only she was on her back. When she turned around, you noticed that her gaze was different.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, in a dark tone. "How did you get in here?"

"You need to liberate the city Wands." You took a few steps forward, but stopped when you saw her powers appear. "Wands, I know you created a life you deserved, but you are using innocent people, you are using families."

"No." She just said. "Leave."

"Wanda, please, for me." You begged.

She denied with her head and hit you with her powers so that you went through the hex, being thrown onto the grass next to the SWORD agents' tents. You looked up at the sky, at the stars, and felt your world shatter once more. You couldn't bring it back. You never could.