I'm Sorry ↭ Carol Danvers

When Carol, or Vers, as you knew her, rebelled and attacked the Kree, joining the Skrulls, you knew that the relationship was over. She was always rebellious, she never did well with orders, and in the beginning that's what attracted you to her. It was her desire, her willpower, and the forbidden dates that made you fall in love. However, things became complicated, you were an inhuman, responsible for the protection of the supreme intelligence, while Carol contested it. What you had varied between breakups and make-ups, until she disappeared with the Skrulls.

You were chosen, with 5 others of your kind, to hunt her down and bring her back to the supreme intelligence, to carry out her attack, to rejoin the Kree. You followed her to a desolate planet, completely uninhabitable. All your senses screamed trap, but you were there following orders.

"Captain, we're checking out a movement on radar." One of your companions said, drawing your attention.

You stepped out from behind the ship, walked over to the panel to follow the signal. 'Definitely a trap' you thought.

"Land here, we will walk with shields." You ordered and walked to the end of the ship. "Everyone on alert, Vers was trained by us, so she knows our tactics." You gestured to the rest of the crew to stand up, and so they did. "Careful."

When the ship landed, you took the front of the others as an attack formation. You held the gun in hand, walked in short steps in a slanting manner, and always looking peripherally around. There was not a sign of life, only sand.

"Anything on the radar?" You called out on your radio, yet found the silence strange. "Command?"

You were a few meters away from the ship, when you turned toward it, you saw it cut in half by an explosion. It was something so sudden that all the soldiers let their guard down. Their mistake, for the beam of light knocked them out, leaving only you standing. You shot toward the light that didn't seem to be affected.

"You know that doesn't work on me." Carol said. "Put it down, let's talk."

Your anger increased as you listened to her anger, so you fired without stopping until your gun overloaded and let off fire. You threw the gun aside and went at her. Carol dodged your punches until she held you back, trapping your hands behind your back.

"I didn't know what your reaction would be when you saw me." She whispered close to your face, looking into your eyes. "It's worse here than I thought."

Carol squeezed your wrists as she realized your reluctance to try to let go. You had fury in your eyes, Carol noticed and felt a small fear at the level of your anger.

"I know you are angry, but we need to talk." Carol said, making you hesitate a little, "I will let you go, and we will talk in a civilized manner, okay?"

You said nothing, just kept looking at her angrily, she sighed and let go of your hands. She pulled away a little as she noticed you raising your hands, she waited for a slap that didn't come. You massaged your wrists where she held them, walked over to a rock and sat down. Carol followed you and sat down a little far away. You fixed your gaze on the destroyed ship.

"I'm sorry." She said in a whisper, you looked away from her, who straightened up and looked at you. "I'm sorry for making the same mistake 500 times." She lowered her gaze as you looked away again. "Look, I don't regret what I did, I wouldn't change my choice, just one thing I would do." She confessed and looked in the same direction as you. "I would take you with me."

You let out a dull laugh, shook your head in denial and opened your suit to get more comfortable.

"How do you remember?" You asked, more to yourself than to her. "Or should I say, what do you remember we were?" Carol was silent, so you continued. "I, particularly, don't know, but I don't want to relive it, there are sensations that die with time, Vers."

Carol reached out, touching your hand, intertwining your fingers. You didn't object, you missed the warm hand in yours. She ran her free hand over her face and turned completely around to look at you.

"Tell me, where did we lose our way?" She asked. "And don't come telling me it was when I helped the skrulls."

"Does it matter?" You asked also turning to her. "Carol, we're not meant to be together, and that's been made very clear several times."

"Sometimes you could try to be a better version of ourselves." She looked you in the eye. "I could be better for you, try to be what you deserve.

"And what exactly would I deserve?" You asked, but she didn't answer. "You don't need to ask forgiveness every time, because it won't mean anything to me." Carol's eyes widened. "Time isn't going back, and I can't live on memories of something we know wouldn't work out."

"I swear I didn't mean to hurt you." She confessed.

" Well, you did."