More Than I Bet ↭ Natasha Romanoff

You were tired of standing on a tightrope in a relationship with Natasha. Every day was a different sign. One day she was all soft with you, the next it seemed like you never had anything together. You were tired with the amount of times you tried to talk to her about your relationship. She didn't want to put a label on it, but she didn't want to let you see anyone.

One part of you didn't want to leave her, but the other part wasn't convinced. Because, with her, you were right in the middle, between a summer and a lifetime.

That night you decided to give her a cold shoulder, to set things straight, to lay your cards on the table. You couldn't let another night go by, feeling your heart being used as target practice. It didn't take long for her to notice your attitude, so she pulled you into her room to talk.

"What's going on with you today?"

She forced you to sit on her bed, stood facing you, and crossed her arms below her breasts.

"Natasha, I'm tired of what's happening between us." You confessed, I could have sworn there was a bit of surprise in her facial expression, but she didn't move. "Sometimes we are, and sometimes we aren't, one day it's hate, another it's love and the reason I don't know, but with you, I always lose more than I bet."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

She turned her back to you, closing the door to her room. She remained with her back to you, seeming to think about what you were saying.

"I don't want to be settled with loving you like this, between your arms and you not in mine." You stood up, going to her desk, sitting in her chair "In between I love you and I forget you, tell me, what do I get for loving you like this? Between an I love you and never again, between the sword and the wall when you're not."

She remained where she was, leaving you completely defeated. Natasha wouldn't talk to you, the dialogue between you was terrible. She never opened up to you.

"You keep changing my signals, you keep breaking my plans, and that's just... not good for me." You picked up a box from your pants, it was a necklace you had bought her. "You swore to me the moon, and of so many stars, none you gave me. You only left me a thousand doubts and more than twenty nights in the dark that you didn't come."

The silence was killing you. You sighed and stood up, approached her and stood close, waiting for her to turn around.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" You asked, beating yourself up for how flawed your voice sounded.

When she made no mention of saying anything, you left the box on the bed, moved away a little, and used your teleportation to leave.

Natasha loved you, but could not give you the love you deserved. When she finally got up the courage to open the box, it was a necklace with an arrow pendant. That was the last time she felt truly loved by someone, that night she lost the only person who truly loved her.