008. map to narnia

chapter eight;MAP TO NARNIA

chapter eight;
MAP TO NARNIA.

"I MISS my pants," Pope said sadly, frowning down at his lap. A blanket sat atop it, but he was wearing nothing but white boxers beneath, and he looked up, glaring at Abby when she snickered quietly. "I'm freezing under here!"

"Maybe you should've climbed better," Abby said simply, shrugging.

Pope did not like that one bit.

He put his hands on his hips, looking at Abby with narrowed eyes. His voice was squeaky, "Excuse you! You literally faceplanted. Do not talk to me right now."

"At least I still have my pants!"

When a cracker hit the side of Abby's face, she paused. She did a double take, frowning out of confusion before looking over at JJ, who held a pack of Ritz and was eating a few at a time, exaggerating his smacking as he looked between Pope and Abby.

Abby sighed, taking the cracker that had fallen into her lap, examining it closely. She eventually sighed and popped it into her mouth.

Looking out the window, she began to drift.

Were they really going to die back there — again? Abby's not sure when this whole theme of danger and possible death began surrounding her, but she's not happy with its sudden appearance. She isn't happy being around Pope — hell, she really . . . didn't want to be around any of the Pogues (it was just too complicated) — but she didn't want them to die either, and that appeared to be exactly what was gonna happen if they kept going like this.

Why did she accompany them again? Oh, right, because Abby was supposed to keep them out of prison. Well, she seems to be doing an excellent job at that — they only robbed a grave! Not a big deal, right?

"So, that actually happened, right?" Abby sighed out, looking back to her right. JJ continued to eat his crackers, but now he was tossing them at Pope, who seemed just as distracted as she was.

"Yep — but don't worry guys, it's just, y'know, another felony to add to my resume," Pope said, looking between the Pogues with a crazed look. "I might as well say my profession is being a criminal!"

Abby grimaces, "At least it's not being in prison?"

Pope presses his lips tightly together, hands going to either hip as he looks at Abby. Instantly, she awkwardly smiles, her eyes knowing, and once Pope gives her a forced grin, she looks at her feet. "Why thank you, Abby. You are so right. I'm not in prison!" He exclaims sarcastically, looking towards the Pogues before his voice cracks, "Yet!"

JJ scratches his neck. He shrugs, looking at Pope optimistically, "It's not that bad, dude! We've only . . . robbed a boat, a hotel, and a grave," Kiara's face pales, and he instantly squeaks out, "which are minor offenses!"