007. granny's grave

chapter seven;GRANNY'S GRAVE

chapter seven;
GRANNY'S GRAVE.

A GRAVEYARD isn't exactly where Abby thought her night would lead her — but, technically, she is to blame for that one. She wonders why she didn't just stay home. It'd be a hell of a lot better than riding in the Twinkie, inhaling JJ's smoke, and listening to him drone on and on about how he has had a hard day and deserves a little bit of a break before offering her and Pope a hit — both of which exchanged a disgusted look with one another before declining.

It's too late to go back, though, and she decides she's probably gonna get arrested when she punches in the code, fingers crossed behind her back because she wishes they changed the code. Turns out they didn't, and Abby sighs, eyes sad, as the gate opens with a robotic click and the Pogues cheer out.

"No rest for the dead, I guess," Abby mutters, looking between the Pogues as they begin joking back and forth. Something about if that code didn't work, I would've thrown you over the fence followed by I would've bitch-slapped you, JJ.

Just another day in paradise, right?

"So, is anyone gonna share the game plan, or . . . " Abby trails off, her eyes dancing between JJ and John B. She skips over Pope completely, who appears to ignore her presence for a few minutes, before he's sighing and looking over at her in exasperation.

He gestures to her with both hands, "And this, lady and gentlemen, is why we don't get Abigail involved."

"Sorry, bitch," Abby huffs under her breath. She crosses her arms over her chest and points back towards the gate — Pope narrows his eyes once she does so — and says, matter-of-factly, "Y'know, you should be appreciative. I haven't told my dad about your dumb — and illegal! — ideas, remember?"

"They are not my ideas!"

"What difference does it make?" Abby sighs, palming her forehead and sending him a are you stupid? look that has Pope's jaw clenching out of annoyance.

"Like I said," he lowers his voice, looking over at Kie, "we never should've gotten her involved."

Kie furrows her brows and scrunches up her face, "Excuse me? Don't blame this on me, idiot! I'm not the one that went to her house and asked for her help!"

Pope throws his hands up, "For the last time, it was our only option!"

JJ shrugs, "Could've climbed the fence."

Pope pales, "What?"

JJ merely snickers as he gestures to the fence surrounding the graveyard. It isn't much taller than them, and the breaks in-between each pole have room for your feet. It has ample room — and support — for any climbers, and Pope sighs as he looks at the fence, and then Abby, and then back to the fence.