Routine

Weeks rolled by. Keigo and Touya fell into a rhythmic routine, and both were happier than they had ever been before (not that they'd ever admit it). Their interactions were oddly fluid for people who met a little over two months ago, but it didn't matter because no one was around to judge. It was just Touya and Keigo, Keigo and Touya.

Despite the urge to stay with Touya all day, Keigo left the house early in the morning. He was a God, after all, with responsibilities to take care of. He'd slip out of the house while Touya was asleep, careful not to wake him, and soared through the sky in search of people and places that needed a dash of love.

He trailed Helios through the sunrise-orange clouds to say hello and dived through Aphrodite's tower to catch up on the latest gossip on Mount Olympus. He made a stop by Athena to have a laugh or two before diving down to Hypnos to unwind and cook a meal for dinner. And finally, he headed back to his home where his husband waited patiently for dinner.

Meanwhile, Touya thrived in the empty space. When Keigo was gone, the candles brightened and the house was illuminated. Touya barely noticed the darkness when his husband's voice played like music in his ears.

But as much as he enjoyed the company, he enjoyed the alone time, too. There was no one to harp down his throat, no one to scream and curse, no one to whisper about him as he walked by. He could just simply be . He cleaned and read and made candles and painted and bathed, maybe had a nap or two.

By late afternoon, he was more than ready for K to burst through the window and both lighten and darken the house all at once.

"Touya!" Keigo squealed, tumbling through the front window. He held a basket on his arm with a cooked meal from Hypnos as well as a few extra things. "I got you a surprise!"

"Quit yelling, would you, Bird Brain?" Touya snapped, though there was no malice in his tone. "The echoes give me a headache. Come here and speak to me."

"Apologies," Keigo chuckled, fluttering his wings as he landed. Touya held a small candle by a parchment scroll, reading over a story written by a young woman far East. (It was a gift from Keigo not too long ago.)

When the God neared, the candle flickered and dulled, making Touya frown. He licked his fingertips and pinched the flame out completely.

Before Keigo could apologize again, Touya spoke. "What did you get me this time? Feathers?"

"Oh, hush," Keigo laughed, poking Touya's nose playfully. "You wouldn't be able to sleep if not for these magnificent wings. You should be more grateful."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Touya grumbled. "Just tell me what you got."

From the basket Keigo pulled out six large nectarines, four small lemons, and a small glass jar of honey. "I can collect water from the well–" Keigo began.

"Where did you get these?" Touya blurted, his voice shaky. "You got these for me? For the that stupid juice?"

Keigo paused, trying to make out the mortal's expression in the darkness. "Should I not have? I don't mean to intrude on your family traditions. I know you must miss your siblings, and I'm not trying to make a fool of you. It's just that I thought you deserved a treat. I can get rid of it if–"

"No," Touya said, almost breathlessly. "No, it's fine. It's... it's nice. Thank you."

"You're welcome, Love," Keigo beamed. "I'm going to get some water from the well while you eat. I'll return shortly."

"K?" Touya said abruptly as Keigo turned to leave.

"Yes?" Keigo answered brightly.

"Why do you call me that?"