thirty three

THIRTY THREE____

THIRTY THREE
____

When I entered Charms class on the first day of the second term, I needed to stop my tracks for a second to stare down at the sitting arrangements now.

"Poppy, what are you doing?" I said, almost confused.

Poppy sat on my original seat, a confident smile on her sweet face while setting her books down confidently.

I was frozen. I knew her intentions.

The classroom was still half empty since we always arrived earlier than usual, so I was able to hide the embarrassment of standing awkwardly.

"I am doing you a favor," Poppy tap on the seat that was once her's, "Sit."

As I debated at the moment, I can hear chaos entering the classroom, letting me know that there wasn't much time to discuss anything.

"Woo, Weasley is back!" Garreth whistled, waving around his school robe, "Missed me, girls?" He eyed us.

Poppy just tucked a hair behind her ears and I rolled my eyes, setting my books down at the seat and finally sitting down.

"The school was quite peaceful without you, Garreth." Ominis murmured out in his seat.

Ominis was only a seat away, letting the space between us be filled with Sebastian, which he wasn't here, yet.

I hadn't seen him since last Thursday. The sneaking into the kitchens to get snacks was successful and surprisingly, we managed to keep our hands to ourselves. It almost seemed like a fifth year adventure again.

Now it began to feel weird without him. Not that I never felt weird before without his presence, but it was becoming more...consistent now. Was that normal?

"Welcome back, students," Professor Ronen entered the class, "I presume you all took this break to learn the charm spells directed."

As he spoke, a tall figure peaked from the classroom entrance, trying to sneak his way in without interruption.

Unlike the first day of school, this time Sebastian held books in hand. The uniform wasn't all over the place and he seemed, in-tact.

I pretended not to watch him as if it wasn't awkward enough that Poppy moved a seat purposely so Sebastian and I can sit right next to each other.

While Sebastian took a seat beside me, a wave of his scent passed through my nose. There was no reason for him to smell so good.

"As I said," The professor continued.

I was distracted now. All I can see from the corner of my eye was him. The brown hair peaking, the perfect side view, the long lashes that he had no reason to have.