twenty six

TWENTY SIX
____

I didn't know what to say at the moment. My body felt frozen and the once planned-out confrontation I expected before arriving was out of my head.

My stare was still on the brown-haired man in front of me. Almost as if our bodies just stood in the same stance for a good minute before I followed his own sentence.

"Sebastian," I said, almost surprised to end up seeing his arrival.

I was sure I wasn't going to see him again. I processed this thought when I cried a few minutes ago and convinced myself that the risks and trip I've taken wasn't even worth it.

But it was.

Sebastian led himself inside that home, giving me no choice, but to back up, my boots clicking against the fluting floor below us as I took the steps backward.

"What are you doing here, Y/n?" Sebastian asked.

I was more interested in how he was managing to speak to me as if he wasn't bleeding through that white material that rested on his skin.

I stood there, ignoring his question and observing the injuries that were distracting me.

"You're bleeding." I pointed out.

Sebastian didn't look down at my pointing, he just kept staring at me with a hard gaze and spoke solidly.

"Nothing new. I am used to it," He crossed his arms, "What are you doing here—"

"What am I doing here?" I repeated, "I should ask you...why are you here, Sebastian? W-What are you doing?

I followed his posture, also crossing my arms and waiting for an answer.

Sebastian's eyes look around the place, "It's Feldcroft. I grew up here. I lived here."

For a moment, I felt dumb at even questioning his own childhood home, but I knew his real intentions.

"Lived. Emphasis on the past tense?" I asked.

Sebastian let out the first chuckle of the morning, looking to his side and shaking his head.

I wanted to force myself into thinking that I wasn't extremely attractive to Sebastian Sallow by now. That every single detail he committed was fuming the feelings I once held in all year.

"Seems like the intelligence in you never left." He looked down at the compliment.

I wanted to smile. Laugh with him even at the positive gesture, but I couldn't. I was worried and there were so many unanswered questions.

I stood quiet, not even knowing what to say.

We haven't really exchanged these many words in a while and I was almost fearing that if it continued, it won't lead to a good ending.

In the corner of my eye, I can see Sebastian's head move around the place again, watching every single detail.

"I could guess you took Ominis place reading that letter." Sebastian looked down at the crumbled piece of parchment I left behind.

I almost felt embarrassed that I crumbled it up, but I was upset and sure by the time he even came across it, I'll be gone.

I swallowed, "I did, but I am not Ominis. I don't listen to final warnings." I reminded.